Who will fit tyres on to my D40??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Tonka

Reaction score
I bought set of new BF goodrich 275/70/16 for my Nav but Bob Jane won't fit them because they are too big and they don't want to get in trouble if anything happens to them. I checked the overall diameter of the tyres and they are about 1 inch bigger than the standard 255/70 tyres. On here I seen guys getting 33 inch tyres fitted on to their Navs. What tyre place would allow to fit them on to it? I am in Nothern Adelaide, any ideas? Thanks

Dude i had the same thing in Mackay QLD. You will just need to go to a tyre shop thats happy to do it. Im sure they wouldnt have any legal problems with it if they didnt supply them to you... Check the smaller independent tyre shops if you can, they love the money.

what a load of BS that is.
if you are really stuck and have to use them and cant do as morticus said, you could just take the rims into them and say that they are off some sort of unrego home made truck that is only used on private property?? im sure they would fit them then.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the tips!!.. I found a small tyre place at Gawler that will fit them and I got them fitted just now. Phew! They look great on the car and the speedometer is now 2 km/h fast when tested with GPS. Used to be 8km/h fast.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the tips!!.. I found a small tyre place at Gawler that will fit them and I got them fitted just now. Phew! They look great on the car and the speedometer is now 2 km/h fast when tested with GPS. Used to be 8km/h fast.

good stuff mate, now that your speedo has changed so has your odometer, i checked mine with my GPS and found that every 100km on my odometer i actually travelled 108km so over the 10k to each service it makes a 800km difference.

good stuff mate, now that your speedo has changed so has your odometer, i checked mine with my GPS and found that every 100km on my odometer i actually travelled 108km so over the 10k to each service it makes a 800km difference.

Very true! Never thought of that. Also the fuel figures should change...

i actually travelled 108km so over the 10k to each service it makes a 800km difference.

Except that none of the mechanical components have moved anymore times than they would have prior to the change... the tyres have still turned around the same number of times, the engine has still done the same number of revolutions.

If it was me I wouldn't worry about it... it's a difference so minor as to make no difference.

Isn't that weird hey? Our Nav had Pirelli 275/70/16s fitted when we bought it, and those tyres were done at Bob Jane in Browns Plains.

That's weird indeed. Maybe they just got a bit stricter these days. Then again maybe different states have different regulations. Bob Jane here in Elizabeth and Gawler says they can only allow limit of 15mm bigger in diameter than standard.

Except that none of the mechanical components have moved anymore times than they would have prior to the change... the tyres have still turned around the same number of times, the engine has still done the same number of revolutions.

If it was me I wouldn't worry about it... it's a difference so minor as to make no difference.

Yes, I agree.

couldn't be bothered reading through all the post, legally NO tire place can fit them cause if you crash it falls on them, so go to the place that has the best deal and buy the tires and rims from them, take them home and put them on yourself then drive back and get the wheel alignment. or ask them to borrow there jack and do it out the front. standard bottle/flood jack from super cheap wont well it wont with my 33's.

they can/will sell you whatever you want
you must fit them

not a fan of bob jane,they wouldnt fit anything on mine which as Ryan said is because it can fall back on them if something goes wrong,which is fair enough.
however when i was looking into getting my 32 i was told that they wouldnt fit no matter what (wrong) and also they dont sell bighorns anymore because there not legal,wrong again there just cheap and import the wrong bighorns.
anyway i went to jax here in townsville and they were great,fitted it all no worries and fiddled with a few little things for me without charge

Latest posts

Back