ABS warning Light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longy509

Reaction score
I had a search through forum but couldn't find a great deal of info,
Anyway went away on weekend up to Bourke drove across some pretty rough roads and paddocks might of even got airborne over a dead fallen down ,
On the way out i notice abs light on and this morning that i have no 4x4 i have checked all the abs wires that i can see there doesn't seem to be any breaks the abs fuse looks good i pulled out what i think are the abs sensors in the rear to clean but they are covered in oil (is this normal)so i put them back in.

Does anyone have anymore ideas on what i should check

Cheers,
Longy

Check your brake light switch on the pedal.

Yep, it was the cause of so many issues for my brand new d40. No low range 4wd, stuck in low range, VDC issues.....

It was the brake light switch after 23,000 Kms of guessing for one moronic dealership. I had no tail lights either - check them.

Electrical interference seems to stir them up also. Try disconnecting any 2nd batterys, inverters, other additioanal items you may have installed.

Cheers mate i had a bit of a look it all seems in tack

Mate, mine is a brand new STX and it pretty well shat itself from day 1 - it just took 12 months before a different dealership worked it out! The switch 'looked' fine. It wasn't.... and it was intermittent. Switch replaced and hasn't played up since - the car now goes in and out of Low 4 as it is meant to. I was ready to burn it.

Outcome was ABS line streched and snapped sensor, they have to change whole hub assembly
i asked if it was covered by warranty she said yeh your good 2014 so far very happy with nissan service department.
and also my ute gets serviced by a local mechanic not nissan

Last weekend I got some fencing wire wrapped around rear axle and broke the abs line clean through these abs lines are defiantly a weak point.but for anyone that does it I have just twisted the copper abs wires back together for now and all is working as it should be again.also I was in low range when the light came on and it stayed in until I turned the dial back to 2wd

Hi all, I am having a similar problem. The ABS light comes on intermittently. It may be off for a number of days and then will light up while driving. It may also remain on after the "start up" check when starting the vehicle. The light may go off at any time whilst driving.

Have taken the vehicle to a local mechanic, whose scan tool indicates a possible fault in the LHR sensor, but cannot confirm the fault due to it being intermitant.

Four wheel drive/ low range engagement doesn't appear to be affected.

Last edited:
Check the wires first for a dodgy conection and if you find nothing order a sensor.
Nizzbits does a good price and the rear sensor is a peice of piss to replace.

when my first one stuffed up nissan said the cable had stretched so u could not see any visible breaks i ended just buying a rear sensor from a wreck on ebay for $80 so know i have a spare

I had both rear ABS on my D22 go within three months of each other.
Covered by warranty. The parts alone are worth $350 and $250 approx, the difference is one side has a longer bit of cable than the other (bloody expensive bit of wire).
Pauly B

:pissedoff: Finally have fixed the problem. There was the smallest of "bruises" on the outer covering about 10mm fron the closest grmmet to the sensor. It appears that the wires are broken inside the insulation.

Latest posts

Back