stay clear of nissan berwick!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D40KC

Reaction score
I need to blow off steam...

So my D40 with only 36500kms on the clock has developed a knocking noise. I check the oil and she's full. I ring Berwick Nissan where I bought the car and have a full service history with and they say swing by after work and we'll have a listen.

I did this last night and they think its the turbo or the timing chain. They wanted it booked in asap and yet had no car to loan me. I told them id see what I can arrange and let them know and then get told not to drive it or it could cause further damage.

So I ring them up this morning, thinking its bullshit that I paid $50k for a car that hasn't even lasted 40000kms without shitting itself and I can't even get a loan car as promised when I bought the damn car, and get told the soonest I can get in with a loan car will be the 22nd of October!

Got her to talk to the manager and even he said nope, 22nd it is! I told them they are useless and ill never buy there again and I'm going to drive my car (I'm a tradie and need it for work) and if it damages it further then they can deal with it!!

I HATE BERWICK NISSAN!!! THEY AR COMPLETELY ****IN USELESS!!!!!

:end rant.

Over the years between me and dad we've brought 7 new cars from Berwick Nissan and there service has dropped off since Malcolm left but I really doubt they "promised" a loan car at the sale given that they'd never be able to accurately guess when that car is going to be used and not used. However without the loan car agreement written and signed as a part of the contract there is nothing legally binding to force them into giving you a loan car. And even if they did offer you a loan car you can guarantee it wont be suitable for a tradie who needs it for work.

If they have seen it and you drive it against their recommendation sure they will "deal with it" but you will struggle to fight it on warranty. But I'm sure you know that.

This probably wont be well accepted but as it appears this fight is mostly over the availability of a loan car I say harden up princess and either risk driving the car or make alternative arrangements like other people do. Just one of the many alternatives is as 180 above says, go and see another dealer.

If you do drive it knowing that it could cause further damage then you're likely to find that the additional damage will NOT be covered by your warranty.

I know I know... who's to say what happened when but IMO you're just making a bad problem worse (and I'm not just talking about the motor!). You'd be giving them an 'out', a way not to fix your motor properly.

If it's a business ute as you say then just make a claim against your business interruption insurance and use the claim money to hire a ute, that's what us self employed people pay the insurance for.

Last edited:
The rant page isn't supposed to have comments as above - ya supposed to agree with me and all yell "yea! We hate em!!!" Hahahaha

I know what you are all saying but its the principle of the thing, they should deliver on their promises they make when selling a car. If this was something id caused I wouldn't expect anything...but Nissan's product has failed and the least they could do is keep me on the road.

Gimme a 550 on loan for the 2 days and who knows...I may trade mine in! They really don't think of the repercussions of their actions.

Gimme a 550 on loan for the 2 days and who knows...I may trade mine in! They really don't think of the repercussions of their actions.

And that's where rant becomes dream. My local dealership has one loan car and it's a Hyundai wagon with their name plastered all over it. If I was a tradie I'd rather pay to hire a Hliux!

I wonder if Nissan will have back up cars for the V8 super car races....Past reliability issues says they"all need them:rofl2:

Next years Bathurst race will include a 2 day pit stop to allow Nissan the do timing chain swaps

You may jest, but Nissan have just pulled into the Clipsal pit lane to start their first tyre change stop.

Latest posts

Back