Clock spring ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deano.langford

Lamingtonbro
Reaction score
Hey folks!

Has anyone had any issues with their clock spring? I’m running a 2014 D40 titanium (Spanish built I think!).

Symptoms..
Check engine light on.. does disappear for a couple days then reappears every now and then but mainly stays on

Blown a couple of head lights over the last little bit

Cruise control isn’t working.

Thought (and told) it was glow plug related.. got them changed, was told they were fried. Then engine light reappears the next day. Took the car back and they ran the fault finder.. couldn’t find anything again and said monitor it.

Upon handing the keys back the mechanic mentioned that my steering wheel needed to turn X before the cruise control would engaged and suggested it could be a clock spring fault.. does this sound legit? And why would Nissan simply tell me (on a previous service) that Nissan don’t make the cruise control buttons anymore to engage cruise control and to take it elsewhere..

Thoughts? Any damage being done while needing to drive it? No other creeks or groans noticed

Latest posts

Back