Duck creek road trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LthLDC

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Joined up just after buying the d40 to get a bit of info and share and now I have cut my teeth. Went camping with some mates for my birthday out at tambo over the weekend, we actually were camping at thunder-bird park but we made the drive out to kerry road to start duck creek. It used to be dead stock but i've chucked a 2"lift in and some 16x7 steel wheels + Hercules trail digger M/T's 265/75/16 on. Planning on maybe a 2" body lift but I really dont want to obviously legalities. Snorkel, exhaust, bullbar and some steel sliders are on the cards down the track though.

Was the first time 4wding so I picked duck creek cause everyone said its easy and rather tame but at the same time you get a feel for all the important things to keep an eye on. Jeep was pretty experienced guy so he had a play on the side tracks while he was waiting on my slow ass.

Went with a 5" lifted Jeep wrangler, Stock pajero shorty and a Kakadu landcruiser. Was a good 4 man convoy. I pretty much didnt have a problem the whole time other then one of the deeper ruts I was almost on full lock and just needed to choose a new line cause I was slipping on the spot.

Well I got a few picks so less talk more walk
Duckcreekroadsignentrence.jpg

Duckcreekroadsign.jpg

Entering.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the day, it looked a lot worse then it was going up and the rainforest towards the end was a excellent way to wind up the track. Im looking for something similar with maybe a bit more difficulty next time but nothing insane if anyone has any suggestions im all ears :)

Nice looking rig. I done duck creek when it was semi wet with my nav d22 stock. Didn't find it challenging at all, as you said it was a good start to get a feel for things. Don't worry about legalities with bodylift in qld. You need to get it checked by the department of transport after installation and that's it. Zordo does great bodylift kits and can even give you more detail on what forms you need. It was an easy process.

Have you looked at Ripley, Ormeau, Scenic Rim all have good 4wd spots.

Rusty

No but I sure will. I wanna see what it can do but I'm just a bit cautious being inexperienced. Mate suggested glass house but I think I would have a bit of trouble on it from what I've seen. Will check out those you mentioned though.

We sometimes have a meet and greet day in the dirt. Its a good time to test your skills and learn a lot from others. Also find out what your next mod might be by looking at others rigs. Keep a watch on the Brisbane Section for dates and runs

Latest posts

Back