Which bloody size?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navman_brent

Reaction score
265/75/16 or 285/75/16 that is the question.
I know the brands im interested in thats not the problem.
It will be a mud terrain also.

if it wasnt for the law i would be on the 285's right now.. but i dont think it would attract that much attention considering all the mega lifted with 35's cruisers/patrols getting around.

But iv been thinking of the pros such as that extra clearance under everything and that extra width.. im not affraid to cut the gaurds or body lift if i have to.

any help would be appreciated, cheers.

285's get my vote. extra clearance is less scraping and extra width is more stability. cant go wrong.

Just keep in mind that yes you probably won't get that much attention from the coppers but your insurance company will try anything to get out of a claim and the 285/75's would deem the vehicle unroadworthy, well they would give you a canary for it in QLD anyway. Plus there's a bit more power loss I would imagine, the gearing in the Nav's is pretty woeful to begin with. If you did decide to go 285's I would seriously consider getting different gear ratios. Just my 2c.

theres no other way of knowing how it goes without trying it first. just have to make up mind on the brand and will have them on before oz day will post pics up when they are on. cant wait! the tyres i get might come down to price, goodyear or maxxis are looking good right now.

Last edited:
i know just the cure....35s!:wink:

I want to get the calmini 4inch lift and throw on some 35's, reduction gears etc. etc. when its out of warranty.

I have changed my mind like always now i have ordered a set of maxxis bighorns in 265/75's which will last till the nav is out of warranty then ill go nuts on modifying it. for now ill keep it as legal as possible. another setback on the 285's was rim width which meant i should have got wider rims to fit them which was also more expense.

also i got the bighorns for a great price. they should be on in 2 weeks, due to delays in freight over xmas.

Sounds good, what sort of price did they hit you with for the bighorns? If you don't mind me asking. Be sure to post pics when done.

got them for $1000 fitted, balanced and wheel alignment. 250 a tyre is damn good, cant wait to see them and try em out. should be arriving and fitted tomorrow all depends on the freight and being this time of year i wouldnt be surprised if they dont arrive till next week. only have to come from brisbane tho..

here they are..

P1010054.jpg

P1010056.jpg

gave em a test run..
P1010044.jpg

these tyres have already impressed me, they are great on the road and awesome off it. It didnt feel like it was once going to get bogged today just kept on pushing through bog holes that my old duellers struggled to get through with momentum, off road ability of the nav has just gone through the roof.... i now have traction! and another inch of clearance!

Latest posts

Back