Wiring in ARB Bullbar Lights/indicators

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBOD

Reaction score
I have fitted a second hand ARB/Nissan bullbar to my D40 and installed a set of the indicator/light clusters.

I had thought this was going to be a simple job of plugging the plug from the lights into the socket hanging behind the bumper near the headlights:

Socket on car:

20121120_190109.jpg

Wire from the lights:

20121120_190052.jpg

Unfortunately the car socket only has two wires going in to it whereas the bar lights have three wires going in so I can't even simply cut the non-matching plug and socket off and solder. I am guessing that the socket from the truck is in fact the fog light and not for the bull bar. I can't find any other loose wires to connect to so I'm stumped. Is there somewhere to connect to tidily or do I need to slice into the wires going to the back of the headlights and indicators?

Any help would be appreciated.

Wiring ARB Bullbar lights

Hi Unfortunately that plug is for the foglights only and may not be relevant if your vehicle doesn't have that feature. You are correct in thinking that you'll have to splice it into the existing wires behind the headlight. Let me know if your dash indicator light comes on thinking a trailer has been connected after you connect the bullbar lights. That is because I am having that issue so I had to remove the bulbs from the headlight to overcome this.

In case this has been answered before elsewhere I have tried searching but could find nothing, maybe I just didn't choose the right words

man easiest way to fin out is cut into the indicator loom that goes into your front head light and park lihgt loom.

To do this is with a test light remove the light socket in the head light (park light and indicator) turn the switch on in the cab and for your power of each circuit then earth the light on the bullbar to the nut that holds the light in on the bull bar (black)

Hi Unfortunately that plug is for the foglights only and may not be relevant if your vehicle doesn't have that feature. You are correct in thinking that you'll have to splice it into the existing wires behind the headlight. Let me know if your dash indicator light comes on thinking a trailer has been connected after you connect the bullbar lights. That is because I am having that issue so I had to remove the bulbs from the headlight to overcome this.

I had that issue with my Discovery. Trailer indicator light comes on because it realises there is more draw on the circuit. Change the indicator bulbs in the bullbar to a lower wattage and the problem goes away

Pretty sure there is a loom adaptor to go between the bar and Nissan wiring. Ring ARB they'll be able to help.

Wiring in Bullbar

Thanks mate I have ordered a pair off fleabay for $3 hope this works. Unfortunately you can't put them in the headlight because it has a reverse polarity compared to standard sockets but should be right in the bullbar.

Got a Led indicator amber bulb from fleabay for $3.50 and works like a charm. Problem solvered. Thanks everyone for your spot on advice.

Latest posts

Back