Hi beam rh side out and I'm stumped

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antiskeptic

Reaction score
Hey guys
I've got an issue with my rh high beam atm.
I changed over my switch panel for spot lights, led lightbar and a live USB port I have.
Stupid me wired the live USB port to the switch of the spot lights and the spot light live to the usb. I realized straight away as I blew the fuse to the live USB. Switched them back over and changed the fuse and USB is back on and running. Really stupid thing I did here and I'll never do it again, still slapping myself....was I did not dis connect the battery whilst doing this.
Now my righthand high beam will not work. After using the manual, I traced that I uave 14.4v on the high beam socket so I have power, contuity is at 0.03 so I have a good ground and loop.
Using the manual all should be working now, only thing I can see is that I've cooked a part of the idpm, but according to the service manual if I did I wouldn't have any volts at the high beam lead end??
Checked fuses in the ipdm, all good. Disconnected all spot and light bars via the battery and relay and tried again, same issue.
Is it worth getting Nissan to reset the ipdm headlights or should I be looking else where first before wasting coins I don't really have

Any advice is probably a life saver ATM, cheers guys

Assuming it's a H4-style globe ... you need power on the high beam line, yes, but it also needs earth on the common line (which is opposite the high beam line, with low beam on the bottom if you hold the pins in a 'U' pattern). Measure across those pins to check voltage.

Can you put another bulb in just to see if it's not a bulb issue?

So I've re measured both low and hi beams and I have power and ground to them all except for hi beam right side I have no power. Fuse in the ipdm box is fine. What's the next step here? I'm lost

Can you put another bulb in to see if it's not the bulb ?

not even swapping right and left?

I would run a wire from the hi beam that’s working over to the one that is not.

Follow the cable back, it has either disconnected somewhere or fallen apart from heat and age.

Using a multimeter have you tested the line back to see if it has any power anywhere at all?

Does the Navara have a relay for RH and LH high beams?

I don't know the year model involved, but from the 2006-2010 manual:

High beam (left hand side) is passed through the 10A fuse 35 in IPDM/ER then out through terminal 55 to the right hand headlight.

High beam (right hand side) is passed through the 10A fuse 34 in IPDM/ER then out through terminal 56 to the right hand headlight.

IPDM/ER is the box near the ABS unit. Picture attached so you can identify the fuses.

IPDMER fuse layout.jpg

Latest posts

Back