EFS torsion bars/rear springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livewire

Reaction score
I'm just after some info on people experiences with EFS torsion bars and rear springs. Have they improved the ride quality, are they durable?

Hi there,

I have a full EFS setup up in my '06 STR. Love it! Really improved the ride.

HOWEVER..... I went for the medium rear springs. They are fantastic when there is nothing in the tray etc, but they are now stuffed after a Simpson Desert crossing.
I have been told that they were overloaded and aren't covered by waranty. I have my doubts about this but this is another issue.

My advice is that if you go with medium (150kg - GVM) you will need airbags as well for the times you actually use your ute as a ute. These springs abviously cannot handle a heavier load (anything over about 350kg).

I am going to get my springs reset (at my expense) and get airbags for mine, as I don't want the stiff ride of the heavy duty springs when I have no load. Hopefully this will keep them nice and flexy for offraod play time aswell.

Hope this gives you sme food for thought. As I said, I am still a big fan of the EFS gear! It has transformed my Nav. Just don't use the three year warranty as a major selling point.

Cheers

Timbo

Latest posts

Back