Sports Bar 2007 RX D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CELLDOG

Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone know how to remove the poxy steel sports bar that comes standard with the 2007 Spanish RX model? It looks like some bolts are attached and they've used some kind of filler in between before painting the vehicle.

I worked it out. Take the bolts off (5 on windscreen side, 2 each (4) on sides). Use car jack to remove middle bar which has sealer glue and pry sides with a flat screw driver tapping it with a hammer. You will need a grinder to get at windscreen bar side bolts. It will then come off completely as one piece. Then grind vertical bars off windscreen bar to reuse because it has the channel for tonneau. There will be some patching up with spray paint on sides and windscreen bar. It's a bit rough but will look OK once polished Alloy ladder racks are installed. Let me know anybody if this helps. Thanks everyone.

Are you able to post what it looked like in the end? I want to remove mine as well at some stage, but If its going to damage the body I would think again.

Im in the process of removing the steel sports bar. It looks to me as if the centre vertical bar has to be cut off with an angle grinder before the weld behind it, that attaches the sports bar to the tub, can be cut out.

Photos would be awesome, Wondering if I got the balls to take mine off. I really want to know how much work will need to be done to make sure it looks alright.

Latest posts

Back