Rear LSD Thai built Nav's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leprechaun

Reaction score
I can confirm that the rear diff in thai built D40's is a trac-lok. (probably the same for Spanish)
It is clutch operated and a little unusual in that the clutches are on the outside of the spider gears, This gives the diff the appearence of a normal open diff.
Not sure if it can be shimmed easily, but overall a weak LSD that will wear very quickly, Good one Mr Nissan!

D40's run Dana diffs, not using the same as used as the D22's and the Patrol's. The D22 and Patrol run diff's built by Fuji Heavy Industries, which run a much better LSD.

Dave.

sooo is it possible to order just the clutch plates?

any pictures available?

my rear "LSD" is pretty much non existent and if we can order just the plates for a couple dollars its a step cheaper than a Tru Trac

Hi, I have a Thai 2008 Navara 6 speed manual with no lsd or electric gadgets to lock the rear tires. Other than an ARB Locker which reference of an LSD would fit my Navara. True Trac Number ? Calmini ?

Thanks

Julian ( Colombia - South America)

Last edited:
G'day guy's Im going to strip my diff down very soon as i reco diffs but have never done one off these befor.What i'm going to try to do is shim up the LSD the same way i do to all the fords and holdens skylines ect. When im done i will post a thread on how i went and what the cost was hopfully i will be sussecsful cheers.

I thought I would resurrect a topic rather than creating a new one but does the LSD in a D40 have any clamping force at all?

The only thing it seems to do is stop the opposing wheel from going backwards when turning the rear wheels by hand.

Maybe that is the only answer?

Improves a little when its at operating temp.

Quote from Nissan Mechanic when I queried about the lack off traction "Well what do you expect? it's only a soft 4WD, You should have bought a Patrol."

I would expect it to work as intended, unless the intention was that it does not work in which case it does as expected :confused3:

It would be interesting if anybody has actually witnessed it work as an LSD.

Haven't done any serious off road driving so far but on gravel and a slippery wet road I felt the LSD action was quite noticeable. How long that last, time will tell.
Perhaps it may be prudent to change the oil in it more often.

One of the first things I noticed when I got my D40 was how useless the LSD was. One wheel on the road, one wheel on a wet nature strip, the car was stuck there digging up the nature strip. Absolutely useless.

My year old Patrol is the opposite, LSD is so tight it chirps the back tyres around corners.

i have a 2011 thia built it straightens me up pretty quick if i hook into a corner on a dirt road but have not given it a work out of road yet

My year old Patrol is the opposite, LSD is so tight it chirps the back tyres around corners.

My d22 is the same. Not too noticeable unless I give it a bit while turning, but the 2wd I used to drive for work would squeal like anything when turning

Patrols are reknowned for their great rear LSD's, people usually don't replace them for lockers coz they're so good. Think I read today that the D2x Nav's run the same rear diff's as the Patrol's, but I could be totally wrong there.

All I know is the LSD in my Thai Nav is crap.

Patrols are reknowned for their great rear LSD's, people usually don't replace them for lockers coz they're so good. Think I read today that the D2x Nav's run the same rear diff's as the Patrol's, but I could be totally wrong there.

All I know is the LSD in my Thai Nav is crap.

You're right, from what I understand a fairly common mod for an LSD in the front of a patrol is a d22 rear centre as they are the same as the patrol front in certain models, just being LSD instead of open

Latest posts

Back