LSD vs Open Diff

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrluver22

Reaction score
Good day gentlemen, no sure if my nav is a Spanish built or Thai, but it's the 6 speed manual LE 4x4 version. Can I switch my rear diff(Open Diff) with a rear diff from an auto nav which come with an(LSD?

Yep, jack the rear up and just make sure you have an open diff. I believe the STXs have open diffs and use 'active braking limit slip.

As long as the ratios are the same I can't see a reason why you couldn't swap an open diff for LSD.

If the truck has active breaking limited slip then installing a LSD will mean your own brakes will work against the LSD and you could end up burning out the clutches in the LSD

this is when you stick a lokka in a disable auto elec crapola :p

on a side not im sure as mentioned above should be the same apart from the for mentioned active breaking trucks

I did check and yep it's an open diff, parked up off the road in some wet grass and it was hell to move , thank god for 4x4 option.

yeah that could just be worn clutches. You need to jack up the rear end and rotate a wheel .Other wheel spins same direction its LSD, other wheel spins the other way its open.
Well thats a quick n dirty test but usually pretty close
Mine is an open center and if I hit it hard enough even in the dry I can light up both rears

Just checked mines and it's stamp LS oil only too, but I asked my dealer and they said only the Automatic transmission 4x4 D40 comes with LSD and E LSD.

Latest posts

Back