Christmas 2009 and New Years Eve

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My wife and I are doing a trek this Christmas following the highway down the NSW south coast into Victoria, to see the 12(ish) Apostles. We'll turn north at Warnambool, heading up through Shepparton and Bendigo, to spend New Years Eve in Narrandera Caravan Park and sip some port on the banks of the Murrumbidge to see 2010 in.

What's everyone else doing?

i havent a clue, but with school finally done maybe a big trip with mates?

its unlikely, but would be sweet to get all the perth guys on here to do a nice trip down south with the navs

Im not sure either mate, I have 3 glorious weeks off work, but may have a whole load of work to do around the yard if we have got the earthmovers organised by then.

I hope to get away somewhere for a week or so, bit of a driving holiday somewhere. It will probably be in the missus's Rav though as I won't have canopy etc by then.

I'm off to Perth for Chrissie with the in laws (not all holidays can be fun).

Having done the sightseeing stuff across the Nullabor on previous trips this trip will be drive sleep drive sleep until we get there, 3 weeks in and around Perth then the opposite drive sleep drive sleep back home again.

I'm off to Perth for Chrissie with the in laws (not all holidays can be fun).

Having done the sightseeing stuff across the Nullabor on previous trips this trip will be drive sleep drive sleep until we get there, 3 weeks in and around Perth then the opposite drive sleep drive sleep back home again.

try get a day free and join us perth guys for a mundaring powerlines trip!

you'll really enjoy it haha

try get a day free and join us perth guys for a mundaring powerlines trip!

you'll really enjoy it haha

What? and get the Nav dirty :suicide:

Dunno where mundaring is but I'll be down south of Freo for most of the time and if things go they way they usually do with the inlaws I'll end up with more than one free day. Usually I've offended sufficiently to manage "me time" within the first few days

What? and get the Nav dirty :suicide:

Dunno where mundaring is but I'll be down south of Freo for most of the time and if things go they way they usually do with the inlaws I'll end up with more than one free day. Usually I've offended sufficiently to manage "me time" within the first few days

get it dirty, haha

a bit of water and dirt and LIGHT mud? thats just piss!

mundaring is east of perth, and its about 70km from freo i think (roughly), well depends which way you head.

its a big water catchment area with a 4wd track that the government power mob (still government aint it?) use as a service track to get to all the power lines out there that run through the area.

theres pics in the gallery labelled 'mundaring', just so you know what it looks like.

if i can get my 2wd through without breaking anything and only needing one pull out from a silly mud/soil bog and pulling up a rocky area due to no 4wd then you'll be FINE haha

get it dirty, haha

a bit of water and dirt and LIGHT mud? thats just piss!

If that's true you probably should see a doctor.

I've seen the pics but hadn't heard of the place, looks a bit like some of the APM tracks we have in this area.

I've got 4 weeks off work at Christmas, heading to Yepoon for one week, lot's of stuff to do.

I will pretty much get the public holidays off only.

Trying to get holidays is not easy at times.

I will spend christmas eve at the girlfriends place and have lunch there and have christ,as tea at mum's.

Not long to go, anyone else started there shopping yet.

Dave.

Not long to go, anyone else started there shopping yet.

Dave.

If you write me a list I'll start tomorrow I promise...well next week..the week after...well December the 24th at the latest.

I can do shopping centres. I can do busy shopping centres.

But it's become ridiculous at Christmas here in Newcastle, at least. The shopping centres are stupidly overcrowded with people. I swear that half the people that are there are just wandering around because the place is air conditioned and they don't have one at home.

We'll get ours done early, some time this month, and won't have to worry about fitting the new missile launcher to the sides of the Nav to ensure a parking spot.

Haven't you heard shopping centers are the new child minding centers. Take your kids down there on the holidays, sit in the coffee shop and let your kids run riot around the place and see how long it takes for someone else to tell them off.

This may be slightly off putting for some so be warned but we came up with a solution to shopping center crowds a few years ago. Unfortunately we couldn't teach ourselves the trick but someone out there might be able to do it.

It's just like ventriloquism only instead of throwing your voice you throw a fart into an area you wish to be in. Sure when you are standing in that area by yourself everyone will know exactly who dropped the bomb but given that most of us can stand our own bombs it's fairly safe. Then there is also the alternatives like dropping the bomb upwind so that a path opens up before you as you're headed somewhere, or there is even the clear the checkout bomb, but be careful with that one because the only places that have self serve registers these days are supermarkets and taking the cashier out isn't always to your benefit.

Anyway somewhere I got off track. Yes shopping center crowds are really annoying

If you write me a list I'll start tomorrow I promise...well next week..the week after...well December the 24th at the latest.

I only have to get the missus's, she does the rest.

But no, Im with Krafty, Dec 24th at the latest... :big_smile:

Thats me the last few years, I hate the overcrowded shopping centres where you cant move thats why I am being organised this year.

I can do shopping centres. I can do busy shopping centres.

But it's become ridiculous at Christmas here in Newcastle, at least. The shopping centres are stupidly overcrowded with people. I swear that half the people that are there are just wandering around because the place is air conditioned and they don't have one at home.

We'll get ours done early, some time this month, and won't have to worry about fitting the new missile launcher to the sides of the Nav to ensure a parking spot.

Ill second that, I am not to far from Greenhills and that place is crazy at times, Charlestown is the same.

Dave.

Myself and the extended family heading down to Warrnambool for a week over Christmas to test out the new Jayco Eagle which we hopefully will be picking up late this month......Knowing myself & my family there will be lots of drinking, BBQ's, some more drinking then wake up and most likely some more drinking and dont forget another BBQ for breaky. Sounds like a plan, bring on the sunshine!

Myself and the extended family heading down to Warrnambool for a week over Christmas to test out the new Jayco Eagle which we hopefully will be picking up late this month......Knowing myself & my family there will be lots of drinking, BBQ's, some more drinking then wake up and most likely some more drinking and dont forget another BBQ for breaky. Sounds like a plan, bring on the sunshine!

I like your drinking/eating regime, two thumbs up !:top::top:

I am doing a victorian high country trip .. will spen NYE somewhere up there no doubt with a large amount of alcohol and some good food .. and lots of great ppl to :) I cant wait !

We'll be leaving the 12(ish) Apostles on the morning of the 30th, passing through Warrnambool and heading north towards Mortlake, with the objective of having lunch at a rest area about 3km east of Lake Bolac. I'll probably have my hand-held UHF on chan 40 for a fair bit of the trip.

Latest posts

Back