our western QLD trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doog

Reaction score
did a trip to Boulia last year , caught the touring bug, selling my subie to buy a Nav to do the cape next year.

some photos from our trip

the campsite at Charleville
IMG_3880.jpg
[/IMG]

We're heading out Boulia way on our way to Alice Springs..... going via winton / boulia / donahue hwy / plenty hwy / Alice springs / chambers pillar / rainbow valley / henbury meteorite crater / ayers rock / the olgas / kings canyon / palm valley via finke river then the loop into alice and home via Tennant ck - Mt Isa..... 3wks, so it should be interesting....

me and my small family at muttaburra
IMG_4400.jpg
[/IMG]

plenty of these near the road
IMG_4360.jpg
[/IMG]

the road to longreach
IMG_4365.jpg
[/IMG]
the view from our campsite in longreach
IMG_4346.jpg
[/IMG]

We're heading out Boulia way on our way to Alice Springs..... going via winton / boulia / donahue hwy / plenty hwy / Alice springs / chambers pillar / rainbow valley / henbury meteorite crater / ayers rock / the olgas / kings canyon / palm valley via finke river then the loop into alice and home via Tennant ck - Mt Isa..... 3wks, so it should be interesting....

the road between Winton and boulia has some awesome sights

IMG_5975.jpg
[/IMG]

got a flat between Isa and Boulia, only misshap of the trip

IMG_6194.jpg
[/IMG]

camp ground was a bit wet, had a lot of fun watching mud recovery,

IMG_6737.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_6769.jpg
[/IMG]

great spot well worth a look if you have never been,

just have to get myself a nice Navara then it is preping for the cape September 2014

I see one of the people in your group has a Lifestyle Campertrailer.... How did it go??

We had one of the 1st/2nd model ones and for the build quality and money, it was imho one of the best Campertrailers around, tuff as nails, but heavy though.

Great pics by the way.... no mechanical issues within the group??

What time of the year was your trip and how recent??

rob

Great looking trip. I bet it'll leave an indelible mark on the kids -- one they'll cherish forever. Now get that Nav and throw some more pics up!

Latest posts

Back