Avenger Canopy D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KraftyPg

Let me start off by saying I do like just about everything about this canopy and it is better than any other canopy I'd dealt with however the customer service I received from Avenger was piss poor and if I treated my customers that way I'd expect to be out of business.

This is what the canopy looks like on my Nav (the cabin windows are now tinted as dark as the canopy)

canopy_1.gif

From another angle showing the line down the body work.
continued......

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again I haven't got images of the canopy getting put on because it was 38 degrees on the day and we didn't have time to stop for pictures.

continued......

Verdict.

I still wouldn't change it for any other canopy and while it's a little more expensive than some others out there (and way cheaper than the $3700 Nissan quoted me for a Nissan one) it is by far the best canopy I've ever worked with.

Overall rating
For the canopy 9/10 (would have been a 10 if not for the right hand window)
For the company 3/10

pretty indepth review. looks like it matches up pretty well. Tho id have to say i woulda knocked it down another peg for that window problem.

pretty indepth review. looks like it matches up pretty well. Tho id have to say i woulda knocked it down another peg for that window problem.

If you'd have asked me to score it on Sunday evening after spending 2 hours fixing it I probably would have dropped the number substantially but having cooled down a bit I've come to the conclusion that when anything is mass produced there will be mistakes and there is very little else with the canopy itself that gives me the shits.

Nice write up mate. It's a very nice looking bit of gear.

Thanks, I reckon it's a good bit of gear. Having seen TJM, Carry Boys and Flexiglass canopies up close I wasn't overly impressed with any of then for the dollars. At one stage I was considering buying second hand and getting it painted (I can get it done for nothing) just so that I didn't have to spend the money on something I wasn't 100% happy with but then after quite a bit of research (had to do something while I waited for delivery of the car) I came across these. I traveled out the other side of Melbourne (about 170ks) to see one of these on a Nav because I hadn't seen any before and was impressed with what I saw so looked into the options for getting one.

For anyone interested in these canopies or the company who supplied it in the future here is an update.

I have now been contacted by the company regarding my issues as described above and after several email discussions an amicable agreement was reached. I'm satisfied with their response as they say they are happy with mine and with the canopy fixed and working I'm still more than happy with the product.

avenger workstyle canopy dimensions

Hi Krafty,

Loved your review on the avenger canopy.
Just to make up my mind as to whether i will buy one, would you be able to tell me how high it is to the inside roof from the floor and also to the top of the rear door opening.
Any info would be very much appreciated and i am sure after reading your in depth review that I would trust your dimensions more than some others.

Cheers
Cookie

Because of the slight increase in the roof line of the canopy the distance from the floor to the roof including the rubber mat I use is almost exactly the same height as the roof of the ute, and the clearance of all windows was something like 420mm from memory with the back door being slightly larger. To get exact measurements you'll have to wait until I'm next in the back, which will be in the next few days when I unload all the farm shit out of it and get the new tool box set up.

The mrs recons my ute will look like a serial killers car with a canopy, what would she know anyway?!
Any chance of a couple of photos from further away so can see how it looks overall?

I'm not one to photograph my gear to show it off so the closest you get of mine is on the Nav muster website which I think might be the images used in my garage or somewhere else on this site anyway.

Latest posts

Back