Low frequency sound at idle and lower revs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

open roader

Reaction score
About 2 months ago my 2009 (Thai Built) D40 YD25 lost turbo boost - relatively easy diagnosis and fix with a replacement OEM boost control solenoid.
I also replaced the air filter as part of the 120,000km service I performed at the same time - air filter is correct side up and box lid is correctly snapped down to seal. Also double checked for kinked air lines after replacing that solenoid - all good

The engine runs and the vehicle drives now as per regular performance.

However ever since I fitted the new solenoid there is a low frequency noise which is only audible from the cabin - cannot hear it in the engine bay with the hood raised.

The noise sounds like ' bub-bub - bub,bub,bub - bub, bub - bub' etc a very soft low sound and intermittent - not constant.

The sound remains audible at low revs and does not speed up with rev lift. I can hear it maybe up to 1,200 RPM but above that it either ceases or is drowned out by engine / road noise - either way I cannot be sure if it continues or not.

My guess is it has to be air intake related as it's too much of a co-incidence that it began precisely when the boost valve control was replaced.

Any D40 owners come across this before - any fixes?

Latest posts

Back