Rubbing noise when I turn????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuscanhero

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've got a 2012 D40 ST nav. It has a 2 inch OME lift and 265/70/17.

I have a little problem when I make a hard right turn. At roundabouts, sharp corners ,etc when I turn right, you can hear a rubbing noise and feel the vibration in the car.

I've checked the tyre clearance, and it all seems good. I do have new rims, but I don't know the specs of them.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Have a look at the inside edge of the tyre .Mine rubbed at one stage on the inner guard( black plastic ) and it was only just rubbing.
Go on full lock right and look at the front of the tyre and see how much clearance you have to the plastic

Thanks guys. Someone did suggest a wheel bearing to me. The car is brand new though? What could have caused that?

I've turned the wheels and had my mate check them. Clearance is good.

If it was bearings then it should be noisy left and right turns I would suspect
Did your mate check both sides or just the right?
On hard lock right you would have to check the back of the right tyre and the front of the left.

Yeah it only makes a noise when I hard lock right. The right tyre/wheel doesn't make any noise when I turn. Only the left

Yeah it only makes a noise when I hard lock right. The right tyre/wheel doesn't make any noise when I turn. Only the left

Hey mate I'm running 275 on 20" rims and I got the same thing as you my tyre rubs against the chaise when I approach full lock only when turning left.. You may want to check your chaise for tyre marks.. Only way to solve it is by lifting it! Good luck

Latest posts

Back