Starting problems.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22 King

Reaction score
hey all i just put my GU alternator in my nav and a brand new Orbilat Dry cell battery in and went to start it today after driving around all last night to have the starter motor click. Any ideas?

belted the !@#%^&*( with a hammer, cleaned the connections on the @&^%, still dont work. and how the hell r they supposed to come out?

How did you go.

I am going install mine tomorrow, only had it 6 months and haven't got around to installing it.

Dave.

alternator all good. put a new starter motor in but the battery is draining through the central locking i think.

Howdy all, My very first post here....

I've been scouting the patrol4x4 forum and noticed they run several different alternators. The hitachi unit only runs @ 40 amps and the other @ around 100 amps. If you have installed the hitachi unit you may not have enough grunt to run the extensive electrics in the 3 litre and fill the battery at the same time. It's worth checking out.

Howdy all, My very first post here....

I've been scouting the patrol4x4 forum and noticed they run several different alternators. The hitachi unit only runs @ 40 amps and the other @ around 100 amps. If you have installed the hitachi unit you may not have enough grunt to run the extensive electrics in the 3 litre and fill the battery at the same time. It's worth checking out.

Yeh alternator is a Hitatchi 12 volt 90 amp, standard from the GU zd30. no problem with it as it charges at 14 volts when car is idling. my reason for thinking is the central locking because when the car is running the only door that can be opened is the drivers. when that is closed it has to be unlocked for the other doors to lock. when drivers is locked the other doors cant not be opened, even with the key. when battery is flat, no problem with opening all doors properly without using the central locking unit.

diconnected the central locking but the battery is still draining. excide battery tester said the battery is all good. can anybody tell me what the battery voltage under load is supposed to be. i think mine drops to 8 volts.

Latest posts

Back