New D22 Owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsnav

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Girls

Just purchased a 2002 Navara st-r TD, has bull bar, tow bar air bag suspension and alloy tray back.

Just wondering if there is anything that I should watch out for on my new truck? Things that commonly go wrong? Oil leaks or commonly failing parts?

Also looking at an air compressor, can anyone recomend a brand?

I am new to the 4x4 scene, previously cars ss commodore and xr6T so any tips or advise would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

Welcome to the forums!

I'm also a recent buyer, and I too moved from a Commodore.

I can't say much about the things to watch out for on an '02 D22, but for the air compressor, anything that provides a decent flow rate (say 35lpm or better) is worth having. Consider buying from places like ARB rather than the supermarket chain stores.

Buying anything smaller and you won't fill a single tyre before you have to give the thing a rest!

Welcome to the forums, as old tony said invest in a decent air compressor.
In general the nav is pretty tuff just service em when due and you should be sweet.

g day mate and welcome to the forums, im sure you will end up finding lots of tips and useful info on here. like the guys said dont waist your time with a cheap compressor, spend that little extra to get a half decent one.

For good value and performance for money, have a look at the Projecta Typhoon. (not the lower model Storm) I think they retail for around $180 at the moment. I have had mine for 2 years and am more than happy with it. It has never let me down or looked like overheating & cutting out. It will pump 6 tyres (including trailer) from 15 to 40lb without a whimper.

Latest posts

Back