How's your rear?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Dave and I were looking over my Nav and he noticed that my factory leaf springs were as straight as an arrow. I became concerned: a week short of my big trip (yes it's back on, and it's changed - no more New Year in Narrandera) and I've got a possible suspension failure - and I'll be towing 1,800Kg for over 4,000km.

All the leaf springs I've ever seen in my life were curved, like a smiley face. :big_smile:

So, without further ado, I went to my dealer and said "Hey check this, am I going to be able to tow with my leaf springs like this?"

The sales guy (who's quite knowledgeable, and not ashamed to get the service manager's advice if he's not sure) said that he thought it looked normal.

Okay, so there's another pair of D40s in the yard ... we checked them both out, including one that had only just had the plastic wrapping removed.

They were all dead straight.

So, with a lifted heart, I headed out and I've only just now remembered that I should post about it.

So, how's your leaf springs?

My D22 spring's are slightly curved, seen them start to invert when I had a tray full of dirt helping my brother out with his yard.

Dave.

Went in the bin 2 weeks after delivery, Now on my 3rd set/configuration, a hybrid of toyota and Nissan leafs, Thinking of going to air bags when I get my camper.

I have EFS leaves in the back of my D22, have a slight curve to them, the stock springs were straight from new.

Mine were straight from factory then inverted when loaded, so now have curved H/D ridepro springs with the air bags also, much better feeling now.

Mine are slightly curved at the moment with about 80kgs in the back but really didn't look much different when I was fully loaded before leaving Melbourne last week. Mine just did 4000ks and the arse end hasn't fallen out so I'm going to say mine are ok.

Yep mine are pretty close to straight, it would be nice to win lotto....

Win? It would be nice to get a prize. We used to say we'd retire from delivering bread if we won 5th division and we couldn't even get that.

Latest posts

Back