Fog light wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboyfan

Reaction score
Does anyone have access to the wiring diagram for a 2009 Diesel D40 Navara. I wanted to fit some fog lights and take advantage of the existing wiring if possible. I realize i will have to use a different switch but thats no problem as I have a fair bit of auto electrical experience. Now I know what your going to say, why bother with fog lights but I do a lot of night driving out west and with the amount of kangaroos around i find them very useful, especially on the long stretches when there is a vehicle a kilometer or so away comming towards you and you are stuck on low beam. Any help would be great.

Do a search on the forums here for links to the manuals, I'm pretty sure there is links to both the Frontier and the Nav but at worst the Frontier is just a left hand drive version the wiring diags are still easy enough to follow. I'm pretty sure the manual covers fog light wiring as some models, especially Frontiers had it as standard

Alternatively you could just run a ignition-live wire from the cabin's switch to a fused relay in the engine bay and draw power from the battery directly.

As a side note, those roo whistles I have installed are actually effective, but not in the expected way.

1) Roos hear them and ignore them. One particularly intelligent one decided that as I was coming along it would hop right at us as we passed. We didn't hit it - but it was very close.

2) Wild goats run like crazy from them.

3) Sheep also run like crazy

4) Turtles ignore it. In fact, they just pull their head in and hope their structural integrity can hold up against 4 tonnes doing 110km/h.

5) 2-metre long goanna lizards ignore the sound and if you start swerving to miss them, they turn towards you. I think they like whistling. If you're going bush, don't whistle while you work. Unless you're really hungry, of course.

6) Townspeople have no idea what they are. Some move off the road and others deliberately walk onto it, depending on the colour of those lights you see on posts now and again.

7) Yota drivers are oblivious to them and will even stop in front of you, especially if they're faced with those funny red and white signs that say "POTS" or something like that. Very, very inconsiderate.

As a side note, those roo whistles I have installed are actually effective, but not in the expected way.

I saw them on sale at SuperCrap in one of the Perth Suburbs today for $6 a pair in either black or silver, for that kind of price their effectiveness is nearly not worth arguing over.

Alternatively you could just run a ignition-live wire from the cabin's switch to a fused relay in the engine bay and draw power from the battery directly.

Not sure on the legalities of live wiring fog lights given that I know now in Vic they have made it illegal to use Fog lights unless there is fog but I'm fairly sure even if the Nav didn't come factory fitted with fog lights the wiring loom is still in place as they are standard on other models both here and overseas. If you buy those cheaper kits off ebay they have what you need in them just like the kits from Nissan but if you don't buy such kits the manual should tell you exactly which wires to pick up and where they are.

just got my fog lights wired up by my nissan dealer after purchased them througth ebay. l fitted as much as l could and on the first sevice 1000km all they had to wire was one red wire under the dash for the switch. They joined it to the orange wire on the light ajustment switch (to ajust the main light angle up and down) .Nissan charge me $95 well worth very cent.

I saw them on sale at SuperCrap in one of the Perth Suburbs today for $6 a pair in either black or silver, for that kind of price their effectiveness is nearly not worth arguing over.

Well what can i say guys i have those on my UTE and well until now really thought they were awesome till 2 weeks ago here is the end result..

The worst part for me is that they no longer make those bull bars... it sucks..and i don't know what others think but the new one looks like well lets say its not going on my ute....

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 158

Latest posts

Back