Driving light anti theft kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like a good idea, my younger brother has a turd of a mate who didnt know i owned a black nav and was telling my bro how he was going to steal a set of lightforce from a jacked up black nav with stickers all over the back window and in my area, my bro was gona smash him, but the turd does own an older hilux and all the lightforce about 6 of em are all stolen ones.

I told my bro just make sure he is never alone in your house and make sure i never see him, other wise shit happens and i may just end up taking all 6 lightforce back, maybe even tell the boys in blue.

I hate young fella's who dont appreciate other peoples expensive items.

We live in the same "hood" and I wish gun licences were more easily obtainable. Is there a box to tick when going for your license that states you would like to hunt for
  1. Pigs
  2. Goats
  3. Deer
  4. Vermin
  5. Gen Y

Generation Y as in Y the fark did you give birth to that piece of refuse?

I'm not that old yet but hate the younger generation because of their general disrespect.

The Jaycar unit needs to be modified with a remote start, gear engager and automatic accelerator, followed by a brake/car-off/siren mode.

That way you get to see the look on the wipe's face as he's carted off in an ambulance to have the BFG Muddie prints removed from his sorry ass.

The Jaycar unit needs to be modified with a remote start, gear engager and automatic accelerator, followed by a brake/car-off/siren mode.

That way you get to see the look on the wipe's face as he's carted off in an ambulance to have the BFG Muddie prints removed from his sorry ass.

I did a search of the site and I couldn't find that one but perhaps its something that could be brought to their attention - a few resistors here, a few capacitors there and I'm sure it could be done :big_smile:

Although not electronic there is always the option of using bolts or screws that can't be undone with a standard tool set. The coppers (in Vic atleast) were offering free number plate screws because of how many number plates were being stolen.

Sure with the right tool the bolts/screws/nuts can be taken off but in most cases I'd reckon driving light theft is more an opportunity thing, arseholes seeing an unguarded vehicle and taken the opportunity for either a quick sale or for themselves. Of course there is nothing stopping someone who is serious scoping out the car one day and coming back with the right tools but atleast its some cheap deterrent.

Bottom line is that nothing is sacred any more, if someone wants something you've got they will take it and if they want it bad enough nothing will stop them but for the quick steal making their job difficult may deter some of them.

Generation Y as in Y the fark did you give birth to that piece of refuse?

I'm not that old yet but hate the younger generation because of their general disrespect.

does this sum up what you mean? lol

celebrity-pics-kaulitz-fail.jpg

Those two would be hard pressed knowing what driving lights were let alone stealing them

That would depends on where they are mounted, wouldn't do much good for mine because you'd never get the grinder under the nudge bar but it would definitely work.

My idea is that I want them to come off if I want them off and therefore will use any method necessary to make it so I can get them off but if some arsehole still wants to steal them the car is insured.

While I don't want to make it easy for anyone to get away with anything on my ute I still have the thought that if they want something they will take it one way or another and the least amount of damage they do getting it is more beneficial to me in the long run.

That is true in some cases although I've never had a set of spotties nicked and I can't see anyone getting away with my current ones in a hurry either.

The one item I was always been careful of was my Cb antenna because they are so easy to remove but I haven't ever had one of those pinched in the 15 years I've had them on cars although I do tend to take them off when I'm parked in or around the city area.

Another issue to consider is that if the thieves can't get the lights off they might just be vindictive and cause damage instead - using the principle that if they can't have your lights, you can't have them either.

I prefer my previous solution.

The one item I was always been careful of was my Cb antenna because they are so easy to remove but I haven't ever had one of those pinched in the 15 years I've had them on cars although I do tend to take them off when I'm parked in or around the city area.

Some years ago the old man lived in a small country town. 27meg CB was the thing then. Came out one morning and found the antennae gone so went round the corner to report it to the local constable. No worries the copper grabbed a shifter went out to the street and took one of another car and gave it to the old man. Eventually the whole town would go through a rotation of swiping each others until a balance was found and everyone had one again :big_smile: True story

Lateral thinking.
Now discouraged by our softly softly police force.
Standing orders are now to hug the perpertrator, give them a meal and a warm bed. All the while giving the victim a dressing down for allowing the opportunity for the miscreant to stray again.
Thanks Christine!
Country coppers are great though. Still run into them through work. They know everyone in town - its their job - and command alot of respect within the local community and the community respects them. Feel sorry for our city coppers because everything is stacked against them. Whole other discussion I suppose.

Back on track though and whilst thinking about this little doo dah it could also be used for tradies trailers, campers, boats etc etc. Just hook it up to a lighting circuit on the trailer and as soon as the plug is disconnected the car alarm will sound.

To slow down trailer/boat thieves while we are on holidays, (don't need it at home since both are locked in a shed) we got a second towball, attached it to a plate, attached a chain to the plate that goes through the goose neck and then put a padlock on that.

Bolt cutters will of course cut the chain but given that most of the time our trailers are stored at the places where where are staying you really only need a deterrent so that a thief takes a quick look decides it's not a quick steal and gets out of sight or moves on before caught it works quite fine.

It's the same old story if someone wants it they will take it but if you can slow them down all the better, we don't even leave our fuel tanks in the boat when we are on holidays and the boat is parked over night. In reality our boat just isnt worth pinching when it's parked next to so many others who leave rods, reels, fuel, practically everything in un covered boats where ever they are.

Latest posts

Back