Attention LED light bar owners

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just crazy. So in real terms sellers of led light bars will have to start supplying blanking plates and fitting them when they install them if they are to do it to legal requirements.
Rusty

Actually the news is far better. Thats from 2012 and there is a later version where they use some common sense

a little light reading ( pun intended)
http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/Safety/Vehicle%20standards%20and%20modifications/Vehicle%20standards/Vehicle%20standards%20instructions/drivinglampsvehiclesguidelinemay13.pdf
thanks for the update... i must have not seen/missed that last night when looking. like you said good to see some common sense in their reasoning, i think you could almost argue that the individual LEDs are most usually in pairs anyway. i don't like the auto off bit (with high beam) but i guess that's better than a crappy blanking plate.

I don't like the auto off bit (with high beam) but i guess that's better than a crappy blanking plate.

This has always been the rule with spot/driving lights. they are only allowed to come on with hi beam. I have wired my light bar up this way but need to wire in an overide switch so i can run the light bar with all the headlights off.

good to see the update and common sense prevail! they also updated the Vehicle Standard Instruction from Heavy Vehicle 25.0 to general 15.0, otherwise we could've argued it was only for trucks, not that arguing cops or TMR ever gets you anywhere! lol!

What about an LED light bar mounted on the bullbar, and another on the sport bar.

Would that constitute a "pair" and not require the blanking plate?

Or is only considered a "pair" of lights if they're horizontal from eachother, not vertically mounted?

it doesn't matter now as they've amended the rule saying there can be odd numbers as long as they are symmetrical about the centre of the car

Latest posts

Back