Led Light Bars, Brand or make?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auz1234

Reaction score
I'm looking into LED Lights bars for my D40 Navara, I have a set of XRay 220mm driving lights currently and for long distance their awesome but looking for something more as a spread beam for up close and dense bush stuff.

Been looking into LED light Bars but with so many options and choices I'm not sure were to begin, main questions are"

- Am I better off with one long bar or two separate led bars?
- What brands do you have and do they work?, Tigerz11, Roo Systems, Brite Tech or eBay ones ?
- Will it give me a noticeable difference?

Thanks for the help.

Auz,
One direct beam would be better then 2 individual medium sized light bars

If you look on Brightlight.com
They have pretty good deals for light bars
When I brought my lightbar they had the strongest luminous,
You can go combo beams as well. That would be what I would think you were looking for more as a spread out the front, so in the bars in the middle they have spotlights and on the sides they have spread beams, and as a combo they work very well together.

And yes you will notice a big improvement in your vision driving at night. I'm not quite sure on the spot lights you have but the light bars do work extremely well with HID spotlights, you get the best of both worlds, you can see for miles with spotlights, and you can see clear as day in front of you.

I have a 50 inch light on my roof (combo beam) and I am 100% happy with it.

image-3486931020.jpg

Well I hope my information Steered you in the direction you would like to go.

Cheers Geoff

YEP!GOT A V6 'BUT I LIKE TO CUSTOMISE.

I have a sunyee bar too, got some condensation in it after a big rain storm. So I connected them Friday morning. The replacement bar was at home Monday afternoon. Simple as that

I was looking at the ones from Sunyee while i was browsing for tail/trailer lights.

Which one did you get mike? Has it got a fair throw of light out of it?

Maybe some pics to demonstrate might be good in here because it's hard to know what other people are comparing to when they say it's "good/bad/indifferent".

Im looking at the 20inch combo LED light bar From Brite Tech lights now, they supply Roo Systems and Tigerz11 etc through that 4wd Supa Centre. Prices have come down a fair bit to $99 for the 13inch and $135 for the 20inch.

20" would be nice, on the top centre of the ali bar, stop it reflecting at me too.

Mine has some oldschool square LED (like 100x100mm) built into the grill vent things of the ali bar. It's not brilliant but it fills in some of the gaps when the spotties are on. Needs to go tho so i can put the Intercooler or intercooler radiator there.

I was looking at the ones from Sunyee while i was browsing for tail/trailer lights.

Which one did you get mike? Has it got a fair throw of light out of it?

Maybe some pics to demonstrate might be good in here because it's hard to know what other people are comparing to when they say it's "good/bad/indifferent".

I got this one http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/40INCH-240W-CREE-LED-WORK-LIGHT-BAR-FLOOD-SPOT-TRUCK-OFFROAD-SECKIL-180W-198W-/331024278682?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d1295a49a&_uhb=1

overall im happy. i wish i could mount it further back becasuse it throws alot of light on the bonnet, so much so i had some matt black vinal put along the back to help.

If i had my time again id go for straight spot lenses, LED throws everywhere as it is no need for a flood bar i found.

If your roof mounting it try attatching it to a roof bar and play with the back and forward to see what works for you,
You could always try this sucker!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/40-inch-240W-CURVED-CREE-LED-WORK-LIGHT-BAR-SPOT-FLOOD-Combo-OFFROAD-SUV-UTE-ATV-/261418332163?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cddbf3003&_uhb=1

1 long bar
sunyee
yes

i have 2 narva hid pencil beam spotties and decided to get a spread light bar.
got mine from sunyee from their shop in melb and they were very helpful. they unboxed several bars and turned them all on to show me and gave wiring looms etc.
if i knew what i did now i wouldn't have even got spot lights. just the led light bar. gives off a great amount of light.
really recommend sunyee as there very cheap and great quality.

Hate them all. Dont get me wrong they are a nice idea amd put out good light. Biggerst problem I have with them is I offen Drive out to the Flat(Captians flat, NSW) from Canberra. When on awesome, it's when you have to dim your lights for the car infront or comming the other way. You can't see shit

Ended up going for the 20inch Brite Tech LED Bar, thinking of mounting it as shown.

Attachments

• IMG_0807.jpg
    IMG_0807.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 113
Top spot to put the led bars I reckon. Be mindful some states are cracking down on things on bullbars like that though.

- Am I better off with one long bar or two separate led bars?
- What brands do you have and do they work?, Tigerz11, Roo Systems, Brite Tech or eBay ones ?
- Will it give me a noticeable difference?

I really don't think it matters, long or two shorts. I ended up going 2x small 3x10W bars. X-ray vision ones and I'm happy.

As above I went x-ray vision. I wanted to buy it from a bricks and mortar store, I was paying a chunk of cash and didn't want the problem of having refund denied. My local store did a price better than ebay in the end. I was also worried about the quality of the drivers and the heatsinks/cooling and the water proofing. Quality of light was not a huge issue.

Massive difference, I got a flood and a spot, and although the spot isn't good as a pair of spotlights. They do far enough down the road for me. I think the flood is probably the best part about it, flick them on and you can see off too the sides, so all those roo's are easily spotted.

I've never actually compared them to any other ebay bars, but I'm happy I spent the extra cash and got what I got.

Latest posts

Back