z24 extractors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navman_dave

Reaction score
seen a few on bay for the 4x2's, ranging from 200-250 with free postage. are they worth the money you pay for? was thinking of getting a set for my nav, but it means i gotta get a whole system to fit.

yeah was thinking i might do the same dave, ive been told by mechanics you will only get a moderate improvement in performance though.

IMO I don't think it would be worth the 3-7hp you would get for the money spent

l put extractors on mine,through necessity.the exhaust manifold had blown one too many holes in it.so it was the easiest option.also fitted 2+1/2" stainless right through.made a moderate difference and it has a nice note as well.

It's not just the horsepower that they enhance, torque is up as well and fuel economy is increased as well.
I use them on my 4x2 Auto and they are magic, fuel economy and mid range torque are much improved.

Just bear in mind that the Z24 was and never will be a powerhouse engine, after all they produced 75Kw stock.
A decent set of extractors will increase that to maybe 85Kw but the torque and fuel economy increase more than the power output.

Last edited:
i put one on my 4x4 and it's a decent improvement for the price. mine was through necessity as well as i got a bit excited and ripped the egr of the motor. the standard manfold i jam packed with (i think) unecessary resistence. and yeah it does sound heaps better. i did have to do some welding though as it doesn't have a flange on the end but you can't have it all. i think mine were tiger headers.

Hmmmm, EGR......Something that my 03/1991 4x2 Nav has NEVER had..........
(The intake manifold is just not plumbed for it, I can see where it should be but it has never been machined to open the ports. My Nav has never had to comply with ADR27 or 27A according to the plate on the car.)

Latest posts

Back