Body lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nav_brah

Reaction score
Hey guys. Thinking of installing a zordo body lift. I went by perth 4x4 and asked about a d40 body lift and they said no deal and went on about the illegal stuff. Whos running a body lift and whats the deal with the insurance issues??

cheers

Last edited:
Hey guys. Thinking of installing a zordo body lift. I went by perth 4x4 and asked about a d40 body lift and they said no deal and went on about the illegal stuff. Whos running a body lift and whats the deal with the insurance issues??

cheers

If you have an accident and they can prove the body lift may have contributed to it(rollover ) etc , you wont be covered by insurance. A good chance they wont notice but if there is a big claim made against you your insurance company will do their up most to find a way to not pay out. Its a big risk but lots on here choose to take it. :confused3:

Thats unless you get it engineered, but Im not sure if you can on a car with an airbag in WA.

is this just a WA law or is it nation wide? I have full cover with RAC. Hmmm. my current 2 inches just isnt enough!

In WA you are allowed 2 inches max(tyre and suspension combined) before you need to do a expensive lane change test. That means, if you lift your car 2 inches, you cant put on higher profile tyres, if you put on higher profile tyres you cant get a suspension lift! Thats how I understand it anyway.

I think in Queensland you can do a 2 inch lift and bigger tyres without going through expensive engineering tests, but WA is overly strict.

Yes it is illegal if its not engineered, you do not have to do a lane change test though just get an engineer to sign it off. My understanding of the law is that a body lift will only increase the centre of gravity by about 2cm and hence not affect the handling of the Nav.

Yes it is illegal if its not engineered, you do not have to do a lane change test though just get an engineer to sign it off. My understanding of the law is that a body lift will only increase the centre of gravity by about 2cm and hence not affect the handling of the Nav.

Im fairly sure its hard to find an engineer to sign off on a body lift in WA ,Anyway, the original poster has already a 2 inch lift so if he does a body lift he would have to do a lane change test . But again, I think you will struggle to find a 100% legal nav on the forum! Ps, Im not trying to enforce the law, Im just telling you what Ive read/been told!

Well has anyone had difficult with a claim or heard of anyway with difficulties due to a body lift or similer??

Never had any trouble from the boys in blue and I have been through 6 booze buses since fitting the body lift and running 33's. I have only had my indicators, brake lights and tires checked once

Never had any trouble from the boys in blue and I have been through 6 booze buses since fitting the body lift and running 33's. I have only had my indicators, brake lights and tires checked once

Cheers for the reply mate. Are you insured? Any issues with that?

Its listed that you have a body lift?? Did you just call them and update the information about your vehicle?

Yeah last year when I renewed it, the lady on the end of the phone was more worried about engine mods that increase power than how high the Nav was.

Yeah last year when I renewed it, the lady on the end of the phone was more worried about engine mods that increase power than how high the Nav was.

Which is pretty funny considering they reckon they only insure "stock" vehicles. Or with factory options fitted, but you can't do a quote with them online if it's not stock, lol...

Ive got a body lift, suspension lift and bigger tyres. I e never had an issue with cops.

In saying that though, in WA you are allowed to have a maximum of two inches lift legally. Weather it be from tyres, suspension or body lift or a combination. you can however have a body lift and extra load springs in (which lift it anyway) as we drive utility vehicles.

Ive got a body lift, suspension lift and bigger tyres. I e never had an issue with cops.

In saying that though, in WA you are allowed to have a maximum of two inches lift legally. Weather it be from tyres, suspension or body lift or a combination. you can however have a body lift and extra load springs in (which lift it anyway) as we drive utility vehicles.

Are you insured dan? If so who with? Any issues with them?

With sgio. Ive made claims since ive been with them. But nothing major. Id say if it was something big they may investigate further and I might get knocked back.

Well has anyone had difficult with a claim or heard of anyway with difficulties due to a body lift or similer??

Mate they would do you for ash in a tray if smoking were illegal , don't even worry about it if that's your train of thought , insurance companies are rated only 1 rung up the ladder from pedophiles

Latest posts

Back