D22 roof rack/lightbar mount

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trent1389

Reaction score
Been looking for a while now for a roof rack a style that I like the right size and a price I was happy to pay. Never had much luck so I decided to get some tube and make one. The money I saved making my own payed for the 40" lightbar to bolt onto it.
2mqj9k8.jpg
1slg9j.jpg

Mate that is very very nice rack. Any details on size tube etc you used? Looks like what I need to build before the next big trip. Also aswell how did you run the wires for the bar?

Looks mint. Project before I head into doing the rear bar.

Thanks
RustyNav

thanks guys i appreciate it. tubing is 31.7mm erw mild steal with a wall of 1.6mm, i couldnt find any decent bends in mild so ive used same size tubing in 308 stainless for the 90 and 45* bends. the cross bars are 25x25x1.6mm shs.
im using rhino rack tracks fixed to the roof with base plates made of 50x3mm mild flat bar. also using same flat bar on the side rails so i can put a awning and shovel holder onto it easily.

looks like i did a good job hiding the wires in the pics but they wernt hooked up there. i went for the easiest route and went down the side of the windscreen then beside the snorkel. i was worried it would look half done but has worked out well. once at the bottom of the screen you can tuck the wires between the guard and the plastic trim panel beneath the window.

Looking at the Track for your Roofrack..... it looks longer the standard ones..... This is what I'm looking for as well. Would u know what length is the track is and is it off a different model vehicle??

cheers....
RobM

nice work mate, have you got some dimensions and how much steel you bought, might have a go at something like this my self.

cheers
bryan

robmacca yes the roof tracks are longer then the ones listed for a d22. it was the only ones they had in stock so I thought worst case I could just cut them down to the length I wanted but it worked out better this way so I just left them :)
04silverSTR thank you, I cant remember dimensions that I made it. basically got a tape measure and just worked out the rough size that I wanted it and went from there:)

the rack now has a 2m awning off the passenger side and fork mounts above the light bar to carry 2 mountain bikes with the front wheels off.

Been looking for a while now for a roof rack a style that I like the right size and a price I was happy to pay. Never had much luck so I decided to get some tube and make one. The money I saved making my own payed for the 40" lightbar to bolt onto it.
2mqj9k8.jpg
1slg9j.jpg

Shit but that's a nice rack - great work.

nice job mate
i just paid $600 for an arb second
there asking $900 new
what a rip off
cmon iron man
make a copy

robmacca yes the roof tracks are longer then the ones listed for a d22. it was the only ones they had in stock so I thought worst case I could just cut them down to the length I wanted but it worked out better this way so I just left them :)

Trent.... Do u know which vehicle they are off ?? I'm also looking for a longer than the normal D22 one as I want to make better use of the available space....

I'd make the pads a little longer and use 2 track nuts (1 front 1 back) to hold it on. Or just get some track mount feet and attach them to the underside of the rack...

I'd make the pads a little longer and use 2 track nuts (1 front 1 back) to hold it on. Or just get some track mount feet and attach them to the underside of the rack...

I had thought of using a foot made for that track system but It seems retail price for anything roof rack related is more then I wanted to pay so the less I brought the happier I was:) the mounts I made for it is like you suggested just a really bad photo. it has a track nut front and rear of each leg so 8 in total. it works well and haven't had a problem so far:)

Latest posts

Back