Lights are on but there is nobody home...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara_cruz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is a problem or issues or even one of those safety features that some cars have but can you please tell me if anyones elses D40 does the same.

Let me explain the issue....With the car turned off and the keys out of the ignition I bumped the high beam by mistake the other night and the low beam turned on and so did the dash lights......

To turn off I turned the lights all the way on and then off again....I repeated to see if was just one of those things but again it happened.

I have tried to find out if this is a "Nissan Feature" but cannot find anything and thought I would pass it on the the brains trust being you guys....

Please let me know

Thanks again

not sure what your asking.

is it that you can turn the lights on when the keys are out or that you have to turn lights on full to turn them off ??

No sorry, you know how you can just flash your high beam lights by pushing the light stork forward and releasing it and they come on and go out straight away???? well I had the keys out and the ignition off the other day, flash the high beams which I knows happens but when they went out the low beam lights turned on yet the switch was set to off. The dash lights also were on....

I hope that makes sense

yeah its supposed to be like that, its an awesome feature... when i get home turn off the car... flash them once and it gives you light for about half a minute to unlock the house!

yeah its supposed to be like that, its an awesome feature... when i get home turn off the car... flash them once and it gives you light for about half a minute to unlock the house!

Well I'll be.......sure is a handy feature. Buggered if'n I read that in the owner's manual.

salesman showed feature to me when buying my d40 stx, just intended to give you enough time to get to the beer fridge before the lights go out. well done nissan!

just pull hi beam stalk back towards you when the key is off, don't do it now, it's too bloody cold, unless your nav is in ya loungeroom.

It is in the manual somewhere. I remember reading it a while ago and getting very excited and running out in the dark to test it.

Latest posts

Back