15" rims on D22 STR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brn4x4

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I was just wondering has anyone on here got 15" rims on their STR?

The reason why I'm asking is because I don't see any around and when I buy an STR I'd like to get 15" rims so I can have 32 or 33x10.5" tyres rather than 265/75/16 or 285/75/16.

If anyone does do the 15s clear the brakes ok?

Cheers
Ben

No, as far as I'm aware they dont fit over the brakes, 16's are the smallest.
I have an late 08 build STR and they dont fit on mine anyway.

Iv been told they dont fit cos of the brakes so iv never tried but a guy at work who i spoke with reckons he fit 15's on his and it was no problem.
He told me this i did not actually see it, so he could be bullshitting.

need to be at least 0 offset, the more the better tho. i ran landcruiser offset on mine with no probs.

none of the wheel shops up here would put 15's on mine last week when I was scouting round - brakes again cited. One fella from Bob Jane who has a Nav said 15's wouldn't fit.

32's with 16" fit on mine when I took off with no mods to guards or wheel arch. Others have fit 33's with 16" with very minor mody work on inside guards on front wheels. Positive offsets are the go

i have had a few different 15" rims with different offsets on mine, i have a few around still so i will see what they are and what fits if i get the time.

cheers mark.

fitting 32's on 16" rims is not legal though so mine is gonna be soft and only have pirelli 31's

15's do fit just gotta get the right offset as previously stated, i had the same problem when i got mine. rims were hitting the brake caliper, so went back down to the place where i got them and changed them over to a rim with a bigger offset.

anyone managed to get 15" rims to fit a 2010 model with ABS? apparent ABS poses even more of a problem... I have arranged a tire and wheel place to do a trial fit for me on thursday with a few different wheel size and tire combos so we shall see...

i just bought 15's with -6 offset and they just fitted over my brakes

what rubber did you go with on those mate?

I just tried on a 15x7 with +10 offset and it was fine - close but fine... also tried 15x7 0 offset also fine. I think i will go with 15x8 +10 offset, with BFG KM2s 32x15.5R15... only problem is there are apparently no more of those tire in that size in Australia until mid Jan 2011 :(

what rubber did you go with on those mate?

I just tried on a 15x7 with +10 offset and it was fine - close but fine... also tried 15x7 0 offset also fine. I think i will go with 15x8 +10 offset, with BFG KM2s 32x15.5R15... only problem is there are apparently no more of those tire in that size in Australia until mid Jan 2011 :(

With these offsets that u mentioned, what is the clearances between the rim and the Brake calipers ?

rob

I have just got a set of spacers machined up and looks
Like they work fine but will let you guys know how
It turns out

Latest posts

Back