D21 Sliders & Snorkle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadly

Reaction score
Here's a couple of pic's of the sliders and snorkle I made up for my D21............

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2995.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

I gotta admit that looks pretty good!

I'd be interested to see how the vehicle performs up a hill at freeway speeds. With the intake facing nearly backwards, it may create a vacuum behind it.

Still, 10 out of 10 for getting the thing looking that good!

Hmmm. Now that design would look good on a dual cab :teeth:
Going to be doing a set for a dual cab D22:yes4:
I gotta admit that looks pretty good!

I'd be interested to see how the vehicle performs up a hill at freeway speeds. With the intake facing nearly backwards, it may create a vacuum behind it.

Still, 10 out of 10 for getting the thing looking that good!
Cheers Tony.
Yeh, had the same reservations, but I think with the angle it's facing, should be OK.
Although, with the astmatic TD27, don't think I'll notice it to much going up hills:big_smile::big_smile:

It would get more air up there than under your bonnet, which ever way it is pointing. Would collect less dust than a forward facing snorkle too.
The only thing you would lack is forced air at high speeds and d21's dont do high speeds!!!

I think youve chosen the right path and it looks cooler than those plastic toys the d40's are wearing.:victory:

A few of my mates turn their snorkel heads backwards and it doesnt seem to effect anything.

It would get more air up there than under your bonnet, which ever way it is pointing. Would collect less dust than a forward facing snorkle too.
The only thing you would lack is forced air at high speeds and d21's dont do high speeds!!!

I think youve chosen the right path and it looks cooler than those plastic toys the d40's are wearing.:victory:
Thanks guys:top:
Yeh demon, your right, D21's and speed:big_smile::big_smile:
Going for a run up to Kroombit Tops tomorrow, bit of a highway run, so will see how it goes then.

I calculated the increase in intake pressure from having a forward facing snorkel mouth in my build log, but can't be bothered digging it up. It was very minor which is why I always laugh when toyotamonthly talks about the how great the ram air effect is. It's there but it's not going to make your 4x4 much faster, better off ditching the waeco or something else heavy. That was compared to a baseline of under the bonnet (static air pressure, no dynamic) as opposed to the slight vacuum a rear facing mouth will be drawing from as the snorkel is a bluff body.

Think like 0.6Pa or something @ 100km/h @ sea level. It might almost cancel out a quarter of the pressure drop you've introduced by adding a snorkel with internal flow losses :big_smile:

I calculated the increase in intake pressure from having a forward facing snorkel mouth in my build log, but can't be bothered digging it up. It was very minor which is why I always laugh when toyotamonthly talks about the how great the ram air effect is. It's there but it's not going to make your 4x4 much faster, better off ditching the waeco or something else heavy. That was compared to a baseline of under the bonnet (static air pressure, no dynamic) as opposed to the slight vacuum a rear facing mouth will be drawing from as the snorkel is a bluff body.

Think like 0.6Pa or something @ 100km/h @ sea level. It might almost cancel out a quarter of the pressure drop you've introduced by adding a snorkel with internal flow losses :big_smile:
So basically it's not going to make any real difference which way the head faces.....interesting.
Thanks Mate :victory::victory:

Latest posts

Back