Loosing Torque

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filobz

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone else is having this problem.
Just got back from holidays last weekend. I towed my 1.8T caravan with no problems at all.
I now need to give the old girl a lot more revs to get off the mark (Around 2000 rpm) whereas before, it would only need approx 1000 rpm.
The car runs quickly up to 5500 rpm without even trying, & is running beautifully except it seems to have lost torque.
The engine is quiet & there is no missing or any other obvious problem.
The car has covered only 11,000K's.
Anyone with any ideas?
Phil

I'll have to try it with mine. With my 1.8T van behind I've always brought it up to around 2,000rpm so that it's in its sweet zone for torque. Below that, it's fairly gutless - but it's always been that way.

Not sure that mine is the benchmark to be measured against, because I don't get the economy that others are reporting. It's something I'll be looking into.

Looking at your KM, you have not just had it serviced have you? I have an R51 Pathfinder and on a Pathfinders forum tehre are a few people who have had problems after a service where the techs break a plastic fitting of a pressure switch near the oil filter. I presume it to be something to do with the VNT turbo and the YD25 may operate in much the same way as the Patrol VNT ZD30 does with various boost control modes and switches. They report much the same thing, just lacking in torque but when you get moving it seems fine.

I had it serviced before I went on holidays, bit I have done more than 1100K's since.
I will still check around for any obvious broken bits.
P.S. My wife thinks I am imagining things

I think your imagining things too, mines never had any torque under 2000rpm, and thats with a 3" exhaust.

I have just finished checking the economy since the holidays, & I am getting 14.6 l/100K. Before the holidays I was getting around 11.4 l/100K for the same driving conditions. I think I will take the truck to the dealer & let them have a look.

Latest posts

Back