Precision Swiss time piece - my ar$e

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBOD

Reaction score
Quick rant. For my 30th birthday a fair few years ago my then wife bought me an Omega Seamaster Pro watch which I was chuffed to bits with as its a great looking watch and cost a heap more than I would ever be able to justify spending. Since owning it its the watch has been back to Omega four times; twice for broken strap and twice because it stopped working and was returned repaired with no explanation.

:deadhorse2:

Over the last six months it has progressively got worse again to the point it now looses 6mins per day!! I contacted the Omega shop in Sydney and was told it could be fixed easily as part of a general service. Great I replied, how much does a service cost..........$589!!!! :confused3:For a watch!!! My last service on the Navara was only $409.

I tried explaining this to the fella but he couldn't have looked less interested if he tried.

I won't be getting it serviced and I would sell the damn thing except all the authenticity papers would most likely be with my ex-wife who bought it for me and even less interested in returning them to me than the Omega tart was is discussing servicing costs.

Bag of crap watch, it's not hard to claim your watches never loose time when you are expecting your customers to shell out $589 dollars every year to keep the accurate! I can by a lot of less accurate watches each year for that price.

Cheers fellas, I can see the funny side....eventually. Just glad I didn't buy the piece of crap for myself but instead had it bought for me.

^^^^^^ as Jason said , if its insured , lol you might have to have your wrist in it though

My father gave me his Omega Seamaster but it needs fixing. They told me that it has to be sent to Switzerland but the good news is there is no charge for transport costs :wristy:

I didn't get into the likely cost and remember my father saying that every time he had it fixed, it had to be sent overseas. Maybe you are getting a bargain. :sarcastic:

See if you can get a copper to run over your left arm gently.

"I was fishing my dentures out of the dunny bowl and it got caught in there, filled with water and stuff and now it's stuffed, I need to claim it on insurance".

Become a vet. "It's in one of those cows over there, dunno which one. Got a metal detector?"

"I was practising discus for the 2016 Olympics on top of the harbour bridge and it slipped off and landed on a ferry. I saw the guy that grabbed it, where's a sketch artist?"

I'm sure you'll find something reasonable amongst the guff we offer ya. :rofl2:

Latest posts

Back