40,000 service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Nissan (Metro Brisbane) I went to for the 20k service had all the prices on a board at the counter for all to see. The 10k Nissan (Redcliffe) didn't have the board. Not sure if it means much but at least the Metro one was up front.

I am at 37k and was just quoted $972 from nissan.

I will be taking it to them for sure as it is a major. Call me paranoid but maybe it will help with future warranty claims?

Hi Guys,

Northside Nissan here in Perth were quoting almost $1400 for 40k service.

"Yes sir, just sign here, leave your keys, drop your pants and grab your ankles"

Friggin outrageous! :angry:

DJ

Just as a question of curiosity ... which car would you buy:

2008 D40 Navara, one owner, 80,000km, light offroad use only, never used for towing, Auto Diesel 2.5L, Polar White in colour, never been in an accident, serviced by Nissan since new.

Price: $33,000

2008 D40 Navara, one owner, 80,000km, light offroad use only, never used for towing, Auto Diesel 2.5L, Polar White in colour, never been in an accident.

Price: $33,000

I've a hunch you'll go the first one. There's something to be said about servicing the thing properly (whether Nissan pay attention to all of the detail or not, they at least (surely!) follow the recipe.

While I think that website is quite good with some of it's figures one does have to take into account they are just a rough guide to the price. I realise too that most of you living in the city where competition is only a few k's away may gain some benefit from such figures but for many regional drivers those quoted figures are often lower than what is available.

I've used that site a number of time with previous cars and constantly dealers down my area charge such a high price that it's nearly worth driving to Melbourne and paying someone there to do the job for prices similar to that quoted on the site.

As for your comparison Tony I'd never buy a used car just because it had been factory serviced. As long as the car has been serviced by a qualified mechanic (represented by the stamp in the book and whether said mechanic can be found in a phone book at the very least) then I'd never pass up a car I wanted just because the manufacturer hasn't seen it.

There is plenty of places like the RACV etc who will do complete safety checks on cars for prospective buyers if you want an independent review of whether or not the car is in good condition. To me it's not about who serviced the car it's about how safe that car is and a manufacturer service doesn't convince me entirely that the car is safer than one thats been serviced by a different mechanic

40k is the major service for the nav, my mechanic chargers me just under $500 for a major service. My advice go to another mechanic and not nissan.

G'Day Solid, Where abouts do you take your Nav for servicing? Is that mates rates above or pretty standard, mine coming up soon for its 40k service and Nissan Geelong quoted $800-$900. I've heard 4x4 Obsession in Melton are pretty good? ....... Cheers Matt

Well i got my 08 d22 serviced today, tha bill was $650 so im fairly pleased with that considering some of the prices ive heard and seen going around for the 40000km

Latest posts

Back