Meter cluster Fuse blowing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan Beattie

Reaction score
I have a 2006 D22 ZD30 4WD and the fuse to the meters in the instrument cluster blows when I select Reverse. The issue was intermittent but no is instantaneous when I select Reverse. Does anyone know what is the likely cause? I have checked the reverse lights and connections and it does not appear to be that.

I have a 2006 D22 ZD30 4WD and the fuse to the meters in the instrument cluster blows when I select Reverse. The issue was intermittent but no is instantaneous when I select Reverse. Does anyone know what is the likely cause? I have checked the reverse lights and connections and it does not appear to be that.
likely a short circuit in the reverse light circuit which will draw excess current which is exactly what the fuse protects against. Basically its just a process of elimination. Direct Current (DC) electricity is quite straight forward to work with.

this video will give you an idea on how to begin tracing that fault

Thanks for the reply. The fault tracing tool in the video was interesting. A mechanic at the dealer said there is an issue of an internal fault in the r3verse light switch on the gearbox they have found a few times, so I will replace that tomorrow, and see if that resolves the problem. As I said earlier I had isolated the wires that go to the reverse lights and camera but that made no difference 🤔🤔🤔

Latest posts

Back