Trinny.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

I am not one to watch the news much but I am glad this sack of crap has been caught.

LATEST: Police have sealed off the home of accused child killer Allyn John Slater in Bundaberg as the city prepares to remember Trinity Bates tonight with a candle lit vigil.

Slater appeared briefly before a Bundaberg Magistrate shortly after 9 a.m. and was charged with the murder of eight-year-old Trinity, known to her family as Trinny.

Trinny's body was found by police in a drain just metres from her Walker Street home Monday morning.

Slater, who did not speak during the hearing, lived with his father in a white cement house less than 500 metres from where Trinny lived.

A police cordon was placed across the front yard while police continued their forensic work.

Neighbours across the road said they had never met Slater but believed he lived quietly with his father.

Slater's father accompanied his 19-year-old son when police took Slater in for questioning yesterday.

A band of Bundaberg residents gathered outside the court house while Slater made his brief appearance.

Many were angry at the death of a child and said they had come to show support for Trinny's family.

Jessica McDowall said Trinny's family had been long standing friends and strong supporters of her when she suffered her own personal tragedy.

"Trinny was just a beautiful little girl,'' she said.

A growing mountain of flowers are accumulating at the site where Trinny's body was found.

A large butterfly dominates the tributes.

Trinny's grandmother, Nanny Hanlon, said her granddaughter loved butterflies.

The man has been remanded in custody until May 17 for committal mention.

A lead officer working on the case, Detective Superintendent Maurice Carless, said police were pleased an arrest had been made.

"A lot of police have worked on this," he said.

"It has been a top priority to the Queensland Police Service, as you could imagine, and we certainly thank the public and the media for their support in this investigation."

Preparations are under way for a prayer vigil for Trinity at the Bundaberg Central Pavilion from 7pm (AEST) today.

Police are refusing to comment on whether more charges are possible.

A post-mortem examination of Trinity is expected to be finished this afternoon.

Trinity's death has devastated the sugarcane town. Police believe an autopsy on the little girl's body will shed more light on her death.

Earlier, the girl's grandmother remembered a fun-loving, pretty girl who loved to sing and dance, and enjoyed school and swimming.

"She was a beautiful, happy, loved and loving little girl."

Dave.

Heartbreaking. I'm not sure what the country is coming to.

12 year old kid stabs a 13 year old at school just up the road from us.......

nowhere for him to hide now being named, there is a special place in hell for this animal.

RIP Trinny.

I best not say here what I would like to do to this filth.

With 2 little girls of my own, It just tears you apart thinking what that poor little thing went through.

I just got off the phone to a mate and yesterday a co worker of his nearly had his young girl pinched from their front yard at Willowbank. Only thing that stopped this scum from grabbing her completely was the family dog latching on to his leg, but he still managed to bolt away.

You just cannot be too careful, there's dangerous morons amongst us........

Hoo Roo

I haven't got any kids but a few mates do, mostly little girls.

I see them pretty often and look forward to the day I have my own.

If anything happened to them Id be the first to start a linch mob.

I feel very sorry for Trinity's family who will have to live with this the rest of there lives, I hope Allyn burns in hell.

I feel sorry for Allyn's family who will no doubt be chased by the media and put through hell over something they had no part in. 2 family's will never be the same again because of the !@#$%^&.

RIP Trinity.

Dave.

Too many more incidents like these and we'll start seeing vigilante squads. I know if I ever saw the little bastard on the street I'd twist his head off his neck and feed it to his anus.

Have brought two girls up myself, a bit overprotective of them but still warning them about dangers etc. They're not excessively paranoid but still careful when they go out. Seems with good reason now, more than ever. Unfortunately our guard dog (a Bichon) would probably urinate before it considered biting anyone, but since both kids are now adults, it's not so much of a worry.

RIP Trinny. I hope they give this guy everything he deserves in prison.

Latest posts

Back