Buying a new Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiltycoldbum

Reaction score
Hi All,
this is my first form post, so bear with me folks.

I am about to buy a New NAVARA 4 X 2 Auto and I want a good reliable comfortable vehicle. I get totally lost with ST STX D40 and so on.
Can someone suggest the best model to buy. I don't do a lot of miles and it looks as though I am stuck with a diesel donk which doesn't really make sense since I don't do a heck of a lot of km's (around 15-20K)per annum.
I also get scared off by the amount of negative feedback on engines, transmissions, engine failures etc (I personally see these problems common to all vehicles these days).
the other thing is I don't like SUV's and since there is only my wife and I the stronger ute gives me the option to load gear in the back. I am hoping to get a ute with all the added accessories found in a car.

I would really appreciate your feedback.
I

Welcome mate what you are buying is a good car the negatives you may see are from folk that use the car hard and some don't service correctly just treat it well and service regularly most of us tow big loads 2.5t plus and push them any car forum will complain about issues and drama's most are in the head or lack of service enjoy....

Welcome to the forum!

If you're not going to NEED a diesel, then get a petrol STX. Servicing costs are less, fuel costs less most days although you'll use extra fuel to go the distance.

Diesels cost a LOT to service and some components (fuel pump = $4K, injectors + fuel rail + fitting = $5K) are just massive costs - they are quite reliable, but if they DO need replacement, you'll regret the costs associated with going for a diesel unless you have an intention of using one.

Now, if you want to do some serious 4WDing - particularly river crossings, mud puddles etc - a diesel is almost mandatory. You can reduce the impact of water on the HT leads in a petrol car but it's not something that I'd take a risk with - knowing my luck, my HT leads will go forever until I'm in the middle of a river.

Oh, petrols are quieter than diesels too - much quieter. It takes a little to get used to the diesel drone but we've come to find it comforting.

Good luck with your choice!

Latest posts

Back