Install Alarm in 2009 D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_cat

Reaction score
I have bought a Remote central locking alarm and want to install it to my truck. Looking at the workshop manual I should be able to trace the wires down but I am not sure if I need to retro fit a drivers door actuator.

There is a genuine kit from nissan to remote lock these - does anyone know if it replaces the actuator or just plugs inline and just works?

Dont really want to rip the door panel off if not needed.

Not sure about the 2009, but my 2003 ST-r does not have a motor in the drivers door. there is a switch that activates the other 3 doors when the drivers door is locked/unlocked. you can tell by hitting the lock/unlock switch on the control panel on the drivers door, if the drivers lock activates along with the other doors your fine. if not you will need to install a motor into the drivers door only. then when you connect that motor to the alarm, it will drive the factory 3 slave motors.

hope this helps.

hi, the genuine nissan kit comes with an actuator that needs to be fitted in the drivers door, as standard there isnt one in there, only slave actuators in all other doors because the key is what operates everything in the drivers door not an actuator i have fitted this kit to my 09 D22.

hi, the genuine nissan kit comes with an actuator that needs to be fitted in the drivers door, as standard there isnt one in there, only slave actuators in all other doors because the key is what operates everything in the drivers door not an actuator i have fitted this kit to my 09 D22.

Thats good/bad news. Do you think an after market actuator would fit into the same area or would I need to make some mods?

Also how does the remote receiver connect? does it just go inline onto connector M3? Does it also hook to M7 for Indicator flash?

Appreciate your help :)

do don't know what was done to mine, as previous owner fitted a uniden alarm to my 2004 and it locks all 4 doors when armed with all doors shut.

I have ordered a K9 Sombra RFID alarm form the states. It should be pretty cool when fitted.

It automatically locks and unlocks the doors of the car by proximity to it.

I am hoping I will be able to get the right advice to help me fit it myself rather than taking it to an auto leccy.

I am handy with electrics and have the WS manuals -just need to some knowledge on how others have fitted one or the genuine one fits so I can chose the cleanest method.

Obviously dont want to tap in too hard (read cut) any wiring on a brand new vehicle but should be able to get away with clamping on to the right leads.

Was having a look at the wiring this afternoon with the WS manuals. Seems like they may be a bit different in the 2009 model to what I have in the book.

Might be helpful if I get the genuine kit as I will need an actuator. Anyone know where I can get one cheaply?

Was having a look at the wiring this afternoon with the WS manuals. Seems like they may be a bit different in the 2009 model to what I have in the book.

Might be helpful if I get the genuine kit as I will need an actuator. Anyone know where I can get one cheaply?

Try Nizzbits or ring a few dealers as I'll bet they'll all give different pricing.

Try Part No..28596-VM000AU

Yeah Nizzbits has been great. Sent me the install instructions to check out.
If anyone else was wondering the genuine kit fits via 3 T harness adapters.
1 On the ignition circuit
1 on the Indicators circuit
1 on the light switch for the drivers door
The actuator fits to the drivers door and basically is a slave unit.

Will try to get the alarm working by purchasing a actuator and fitting that.

Got my alarm fitted.
Tapped into some similar connections as the genuine kit.

Installed an Actuator to the drivers door from Jaycar then cabled up into the circuit from the passengers door. Drivers door connector doesnt have the wires :(

All working and I installed a reversing camera in th truck while I had everything pulled apart.

If anyone wants to know about the electrics on a 2009 model dont hesitate to ask - I have become pretty familiar :)

Only thing I missed was reconnecting the speaker in the drivers door. So seeing as I have to pull the skin off I will put in some new speakers......

Farrrk just got a mongoose car alarm and didnt relise there would be no actuator in drivers door. grrrh
2012 model car without a lock actuator ffs. well im assuming havent pulled the door card off yet.
Does anyone have a copy of the nizzbits connector diagram previously mentioned and what circuits have you guys been using for the immobiliser.
this job is slowly getting harder and more annoying the more i look into it lol

Scratch that doesnt matter went down to local wondow tinter that does car alarms. mongoose alarms to what are the chances. he had actuator in stock and printed me off a sheet that tells you everywhere to splice into for wires ;)

Latest posts

Back