loss of power

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiediesel

Reaction score
Hi i have a 2007 navara outlaw 2.5dci, i have lost power it has gone flat, i have blanked off the egr valve inlet and its still flat, ive disconnected the airflo meter with still no difference, i know the turbo is fine because its not blowing any smoke at all,,, 2: also when i rev it up on the spot it sounds sweet but when i drive it and put my foot down with the power loss i have a ticking noise, could this be to do with the power loss? sorry im a new owner

Sounds like limp mode, if it's still under warranty I would take it to Nissan so they you can check the fault codes, otherwise its all guess work.

I'd be hooking the thing up to a Consult II and checking the codes too. Nissan dealer needed, besides it should still be under warranty.

If there's no warranty, I'd check boost pressure first. The D40's engine has a lot of power while the turbo is active. Are you sure the turbine is spinning, and oil is flowing through the bearings? The boost measurement will answer that question for you.

i dont know much about engines..but u could try reset the ecu by unpluggiun the battery for 10mins and see what happens...

Did the power drop off after a service? On the Pathfinders of Australia forum a couple of people have had issues with R51 pathies where mechs have broken a pressure switch that is quite near the oil filter. The end result is a loss of boost. They also described the car as making a ticking noise under load.

At least one of them was lucky in that it was a Nissan service tech who broke it and they replaced it free. Took them a while to find the problem though (Who would be looking for a reason for low boost near the oile filter?)

check to make sure turbo waste gate is closing when ignition is applied arm underneath the diphgram should move up if it dosent apply vaccum to this by sucking on the hose if it still dosent move u have a turbo problem if it dose make there is vacumm going to the actuator solenoid simply remove hose at idle there should be a vaccum if there is check the plug on the solenoid i have found one with a broken wire there if there in no vaccum there it picks up vaccum on the right hand side of the engine maybe be broken vaccum hose but if under warranty take it back to the dealer

Latest posts

Back