Lack of power

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveo52

Reaction score
I've got drastic power loss. Very much as if it's not fueling. revs freely in neutral but under any load it struggles on a good flat or down hill run it will pick up speed but not a lot. Obviously checked filter, no smoke and no lights on.

If it's revving freely in neutral it's not a fuel issue. I'd suggest it's more likely a turbocharger issue, whether that's a control issue or a physical failure is hard to say.

Suggestion: remove the flexible air pipe from the hot side of the intercooler and wipe your finger inside, then examine your finger under a bright light. If you see sparkles (and you aren't wearing sparkly eyeshadow) your turbocharger might be in need of attention.

If it's revving freely in neutral it's not a fuel issue. I'd suggest it's more likely a turbocharger issue, whether that's a control issue or a physical failure is hard to say.

Suggestion: remove the flexible air pipe from the hot side of the intercooler and wipe your finger inside, then examine your finger under a bright light. If you see sparkles (and you aren't wearing sparkly eyeshadow) your turbocharger might be in need of attention.
My thoughts are similar, also the cruise control has been playing up since this started but no idea if there could be a connection between the issues.

My thoughts are similar, also the cruise control has been playing up since this started but no idea if there could be a connection between the issues.

Cruise control has other potential triggers for problems. The clock spring in the steering wheel being probably the number 1 culprit, with second place going to the brake and clutch switches. These switches are easily removed, cleaned and tested. The clock spring isn't as easy (the spring wire clip that holds the airbag in can be annoyingly stubborn) but it's by far the most common cause of cruise issues. Not that these things are the only parts that affect cruise - by no means - but they're at the top of the list of causes.

Latest posts

Back