Clutch woes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vsteve01

Reaction score
Hi,

Got myself some clutch issues which is annoying as it's was all backed ready for a trip tomorrow morning :suicide:

Not know anything about how it works, but the best I can explain it is when accelerating it revs alot more without much drive, like the clutch is still engaged.

I thought I might put some strain on it before I decided on leaving tomorrow and while trying to low range up a hill, it got worse and worse. I had to drive about 10k's to get home and with very little acceleration as it just was revving, no drive.

It just made it in the driveway and not I've got nothing. Pedal feels like it's no longer doing squat.

The master and slave cylinders aren't leaking and the res is fall of fluid.

Is it likely the clutch is cactus?

Is this sort of think likely to be covered under the nissan ext warranty. They offered something when I bought the ute which was like a new car warranty coz it was less than 2 yrs and less than 30K on the lock. I can't find any of the paper work unfortunately.

mate i think you may have yourself a cactus clutch, sounds like the clutch plate is just plain worn out or more likely the pressure plate has given up the ghost, hard to tell without actually driving it but got the right symptoms. dont drive it anymore, as the clutch is slipping its creatingheat and that heat will cook your flywheel and rear main crank seal which in ur case id replace anyways (assuming u can push them in from the rear).
good luck with it....bad luck about the trip:suicide:
cheers

Take it to a decent brake and clutch mechanic their rates will always be lower than Nissan. The guy I use if I ever have such issues, although I haven't had a manual for a few years now, is the guy my local Nissan dealer sends clutch problems too anyway.

thats a lot better price. i would also steer away from nissan dealers unless its getting fixed under warranty. heard some dodgy stories....too many apprentices doing poor work.

Nav loaded on the truck today to get it's new clutch.

photo.jpg

Best price ended up being All Clutch & Brake Service Adelaide for all in SA
$1300

Mate I did my clutch at 1yr/20 000k and nissan wouldnt cover it! they suck! fair enough I had been doing lots of 4bying in it, but thats what it says to do on the side of the tray and you only had to look at the . Those clutches are a weak point in the D22's! cost me $1000 to get fixed.

Latest posts

Back