BFG All Terrain KO replacement tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammy

Reaction score
Going the Big Lap in my 2010 Spanish build D40 for 12 months leaving early May. Replacing OEM Goodyear Wranglers 255 x 65 x 17 with BFG A/T 265x 70 x 17. Suspension has been upgraded with 2in lift. Any known problems I should be aware of with using bigger tyre (dealer assures me the speedo difference will be minimal and spare will fit the dropdown space. By the way we will be towing a camper/trailer (ball weight about 165 kg) and probably about 50% dirt roads but not into heavy 4WD territory.

Going the Big Lap in my 2010 Spanish build D40 for 12 months leaving early May. Replacing OEM Goodyear Wranglers 255 x 65 x 17 with BFG A/T 265x 70 x 17. Suspension has been upgraded with 2in lift. Any known problems I should be aware of with using bigger tyre (dealer assures me the speedo difference will be minimal and spare will fit the dropdown space. By the way we will be towing a camper/trailer (ball weight about 165 kg) and probably about 50% dirt roads but not into heavy 4WD territory.

I run them too, no complaints an will replace them with another set. On the subject of speedo, it according to my gps reads spot on. On terms of wear i regularly rotate mine and should get close to mid sixties to maybe seventy thou on them.

cheers
Matt

Many thanks for the replies Aussie Frontier & miner-matt. I presume your original tyres were 255x65x17 also. What tyre pressures do you run on blacktop and on unsealed dirt roads?

AF do you deflate to around 25 psi on unsealed dirt roads and what sort of kms do you get out of a set of BFGs?

miner-matt, after how many kms do you rotate your BFGs and do you rotate left back to left front & right back to right front or do you cross-rotate ie. LB to FR & RB to LF ?

I've done 65k on mine. I have 265/75/16 on mine. Sucked a little power out of the engine turning the bigger tyre, but speedo is accurate. Nav st 2011. I rotate front to back every 20k. Have another 15k of tread left in tyres. I run 40 towing boat and 36 for everyday stuff. Ran 12psi on Fraser with no dramas at all. Probably a bit low for sand but no roll offs. Im stoked with the versatility of these tyres and Kms I've got out of them.

Was ultra-confused deciding on which tyres to replace OEM Goodyear Wranglers with. Doing the Big Lap towing camper/trailer for 12 months so have decided to shell out the extra $$$ and go with the BFG All Terrains 265/70/17 (originals 255/65/17). BFGs seem to have the consistently best reports. Many thanks for your advice and one more question, when you rotate your tyres do you cross-rotate at all ie front right to left back or just front right to back right ?

Latest posts

Back