str spare wheel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron770

Reaction score
Just a querie just checked the spare wheel on my 2005 str and it looks like the steel rims you get on DX models

Did Str's come with a spare that matched the rest? or is this Nissan cost cutting?

Ron

The steelie spare is not the same as the DX rim afaik, the DX rims are 16x6, the spare on the ST-R is a 16x7, get another 3 and you have a set of genuine Nissan Sunnys. Wonder what Nissan actually charge for the steel wheels, might have to enquire about that. :big_smile:

Thanks for the quick replies.

Yeah i thought the rim would have to be the same size for legality reasons.

Looks like i'm in the market for a couple of spare rims. What do they normally go for secondhand?

Regards

Ron

Anyone confirm that a 265/75 tyre fits ok under the tray in spare area? greasable shackles , springs clear it etc?

well a 265x75 should measure around 805 - 815 mm in dia.
Grab a tape measure and climb under.
My guess is that they would without a problem as there is a fair amount of space there.

yeah could measure but i'm sure someone here would have either put one there or tried. easier and more definative

I have a 265/75 under mine, fits fine. I have 2" lift, greasable shackles and a 2 3/4" exhaust.

You have to push it across away from the exhaust a bit when you crank it up but it's fine.

how do you take the spare wheel off the car? im not used to all this 4wd stuff... whats with the chain hanging down? does that release it or something?

if you look through the hole just above the number plate, to the right there is a rubber plug which unwinds the wheel down.

use the long jack pole and tyre lever.

Behind the back seat is a long rod, push that through the hole above the rear number plate and until it sits in the adjuster for the chain.

Get the wheel brace and put it onto the rod and then lower the tyre.

Hope that makes sence.

Dave.

On fitting the 265/75R16 under the tub. when I changed on my 4wd wheels this time I tired again and it fitted this time. Just needed to make sure I pushed it away from the exhaust when I was winding it up.

Latest posts

Back