Tasmania

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tague_100

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm heading off to Tassie in 2 weeks for 10 days and just thought i'd see if anyone out there has been that might be able to recommend some places to go to.

At least take a hand winch if you're leaving the gravel.

Stanley is interesting, climb The Nut. If you've got two or more kids they'll enjoy Tasmazia in Sheffield. There's nothing to do in Devonport. Cataract Gorge is worth a visit. Queenstown is creepy, Strahan is nice but you have to arrive there early in the morning or you'll miss all the funtivities. The drive Hobart to Queenstown is gruelling if anyone in your party gets carsick, otherwise it's quite good. Hobart is kind of interesting if you're there for 1-2 days, but apparently the Cadbury Factory has stopped doing tours, a real shame as they were cool.

Once you've done the tourist trail and you know what Tasmania is like, go back in a few years with other 4x4s, mud tyres, winches, and EPIRBs and you'll feel like you're the only people on earth.

Also to add to Pro-Nav's places could be Hastings Caves, Walls of Jerusleum if your into hiking, Cradle Mountains good. Montezuma falls, Strahan area is a good place to 4WD, Arthurs River is a top spot for camping and fishing provided the weathers good. St Helens has some fun sand dunes and good fishing.
I've traveled pretty much all around Oz and Tassie is still one of my favorite destinations. Best time is Feb- Mar and Nov- Dec IMO.

Latest posts

Back