New Ironman long range tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A mate just bought one, He was told by Ironman salesman that they are made in the same Chinese factory as the ARB ones??

I have been the Barnsley factory and they do make them.

I wanted a new tank but they would only show me a second hand one for about $200 cheaper with no warrenty.

So I went to TJM and got a tank from them.

Dave.

Ironman seem to tell lots of stories to try and get sales....

A few facts:

As already stated by Nismo, ARB tanks aren't in fact "ARB" tanks at all - they are "Longranger" tanks and you can buy them from lots of different places. Made right here in Australia. ARB don't make them themselves, they sell someone elses product. Similar to the situation with IPF lights - ARB don't make them, they just sell them.

The "ARB tank" for the D40 is an "add on" tank - the Ironman tank is a replacement tank. There are two schools of thought on which is preferable, however I will let you draw your own conclusions on whether the come from the same factory seeing as though they are obviously different designs...

Makes me wonder - why do they feel they need to tell these porky pies? Are their products flawed? Do they feel inferior to the other players in the market? What is inherently wrong that they are lying to their customers in order to try and make a sale?

Last edited:
mate if you decide to go Ironman give me a call i can do you a better price:dancing:
Cheers

Dave have you upped a few good photos of your tjm tank? I'm a tjm fan over arb (Qld'er i guess) and am thinking about a long range tank. i'll do a search

Now had an Opposite Lock 160ltr tank in my D40 for 40000km and did a really remote and rough trip this time last year (19000km) - no problems with the OL kit so far...with the one exception that the gauge doesn't move until about 440 km and then I still have a bit more than 600km to go....haven't tested it to empty yet.

im currently installing a ironman tank im my d40 petrol
tanks looks well built i have had a few issues as it didnt come with instructions so i keep having to lower the tank to change things but that aside the other tanks dont seem to be worth the exrta $$$ instructions or not.

ill post some pictures in next few days .

When i enquired about the Ironman Fuel Tank - it is only for the Spanish built trucks, not the Thai built ones.

I ended up getting a Brown Davies tank.

Now i'm getting Brown Davies underbody bash plates.

I rang the Ironman 4x4 shop here in WA the other day and when I asked about their long range tank for the D40 as soon as I said petrol not diesel the bloke said it doesn't fit as they were trying to install one that morning.. I have a Spanish D40. Can anyone else confirm this?

I have heard that they only have a tank for the spanish built Diesel, and were not in any hurry to do a conversion for the Thai built diesel. I can only assume the same for the petrol versions (not enough enquiries for them - so cant be bothered tooling up for them)

im currently installing a ironman tank im my d40 petrol
tanks looks well built i have had a few issues as it didnt come with instructions so i keep having to lower the tank to change things but that aside the other tanks dont seem to be worth the exrta $$$ instructions or not.

ill post some pictures in next few days .

How'd you go with the fitting of the tank? - the comments after yours say they don't fit a petrol D40. Any pics? Keen to know - as I'm also at the pump way too often with my guzzling (but fast!) petrol....
cheers

Anyone had any experience with fitting an Ironman Long Range tank to a Spanish Petrol D40?? Back on the hunt for information....

I'm also looking for some information on Ironman tank for the Petrol D40.

Latest posts

Back