dpf filter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo

Reaction score
Gday everyone does anybody know if the 550 has a dpf filter cheers guys

Easier just to turn to the car to acc and see if a dpf light comes on. But I'm use like the 140kw engine the 550 missed out. LOL

That's it.

Basically - when the conditions for a regen are right - just before the valves close, the injector opens and squirts fuel into the outgoing gas, which enters the exhaust. Word was that the V6 diesel had an extra injector in its exhaust to make it more effective at delivering fuel for the DPF.

Regen conditions (YD25): engine RPM over 1500 (about 75-80km/h in top gear, but you can fake it in lower gear, it's after RPM purely for gas flow rates), engine load < 70% (I think), engine coolant temp < 105C and > 85C, HO2S reporting spare oxygen available. I'd suggest if the V9X had a DPF, its parameters will be similar because burning crap in the exhaust filter is not going to be any different.

All cars actually pump a little fuel out to act as a reductant on their CATs. If the new V9X is using the CAT as a DPF as well, it not only will use the small amount of fuel for that, but maybe a little more to allow the soot to burn off.

Next time I see a newer 550 at the lights I'll try and drag him and I'll keep an eye on his exhaust looking for smoke (because there's no way my YD25 would be anywhere but behind him, if he's awake). I know that mine blows no smoke whatsoever - and the inside of my exhaust is still silver, 4 and a half years and 141,000km after purchase!

Where as My YD25 with the 140kw and no DPF is back as and only 38,000. Your 550 shouldn't have a DPF only a Cat

Thanks old tony l havnt seen any smoke from my 550 but my exhaust is black l have 3" taipan dont know if it would make a difference

That's it.

Basically - when the conditions for a regen are right - just before the valves close, the injector opens and squirts fuel into the outgoing gas, which enters the exhaust. Word was that the V6 diesel had an extra injector in its exhaust to make it more effective at delivering fuel for the DPF.

Regen conditions (YD25): engine RPM over 1500 (about 75-80km/h in top gear, but you can fake it in lower gear, it's after RPM purely for gas flow rates), engine load < 70% (I think), engine coolant temp < 105C and > 85C, HO2S reporting spare oxygen available. I'd suggest if the V9X had a DPF, its parameters will be similar because burning crap in the exhaust filter is not going to be any different.

No extra injector on the Aussie models, only Europe models.

I don't see why you couldn't do that. Not sure if your model has the combo DPF/CAT but if you're just bolting on behind that it doesn't really matter what's there (or not there!).

Latest posts

Back