D40 dpf sensor issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayley's D40

Reaction score
My dpf light came on and car went into limp mode.
The car had been drive for 400km with dpf light on and over 80km/hr before it went into limp mode. The front temp sensor wiring on the dpf had fallen onto the drive shaft and worn the wiring to bare wire. This has now been fixed.
I pulled the dpf out and it's clean as a whistle. So not clogged. I took to the mechanic to clear the dpf error but it came back on start away.
The car is now sluggish like the turbo boost is not working but I've cleaned out the intercooler and check the boost and it's all good. Unless I have a leak in the intercooler somewhere.
I have zero exhaust smoke coming out.
So i now have the dpf light on and the car is sluggish on take off and going up hill. I did take the car for a drive on the hwy to try and clear the dpf light but it hasnt gone out. Its definitly not a clogged dpf. it doesnt have an ounce of soot.
My choices so far are,
1, bad dpf sensor,
2, bad scv, car did have a very minor hunt a while ago(it doesnt do it now) but no issues starting or no stalling.
3, bad pressure solenoid, i have check all the hoses and connections.
4, maybe clogged cat.

the code that come up at the mechanic was full dpf, so that makes me think its the pressure sensor.

any help would be greatly appropriate

Yes I have seen his post. I'm saving up for a set and getting rid of the dpf.

Also I've heard that you shouldnt put an egr blanking plate on d40 auto. Does anyone know what issues it causes. I want to put one on my car.

No issues unless the egr has a flow sensor.

I don't think alot of the Spain built Navs have the flow sensor.. not earlier on any way.
I have a 2014 and have had the egr blocked from the time it had very low 3 digits on the odometer and have not had any issues related.

Ithink the worst that happens, it does throw a code - then you look at the options from there.

Egrblank coupled with a good catch catch up front and away from direct heat will do good things.

Just make sure you use a sensor safe gasket maker when sealing in those blanks

Latest posts

Back