Simsys rides from way back to now

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simsy

Reaction score
The 80s
The first one is my first 4x4 its an old Nissan 720 Duel cab had a 2" lift with OME shocks that busted after 2 weeks then again a week later so wont buy them again. It also had extractors and a sports exhaust the rest you can see from the pic.

CCF09022006_00000.jpg

The 90s
Next is my Terano D21 had a good run with this one also had a 2" lift but this time iron man was a good setup. had the usual turbo timer , cruse and duel batts fitted.

DSCF0023.jpg

The 00s
Present 4x4 D22 this has been a good truck has 3" exhaust chip lots of bar work am also planing to do a 2" lift in the future.

IMGP0079-3.jpg

that was on top of Mount Arden in the Flinders Ranges not a bad little climb good one for the family (not to scary for the missus). the 720 was just outside Wilpena Pound also in the Flinders Ranges and the D22 was on Scotts beach thats about 2hrs west of Ceduna SA.

Its nice to see a true nissan fan. I wonder why TJM stopped putting those rubber bump stops on their bars, they look handy, might ask them if they sell em as spares. Are they ARB bush rails and sidesteps? i don't think TJM sell em? Anyway looks great, shows you don't need muddies to go places.

TJM Bull Bar I think ARB side steps and bush bars also has an ARB rear step towbar. As for tyres they are just Coopers on the sand the less chunky your tread the better you want them to work like a roller muddies just tear up the sand and make things worse. The Terano had Toyo Opats on got about 90,000ks with regular rotations out of them. I cant remember what type of tyres I had on the old 720 but I do remember driving through a dam with them lol they worked ok in the mud.

Last edited:
The 90s
Next is my Terano D21 had a good run with this one also had a 2" lift but this time iron man was a good setup. had the usual turbo timer , cruse and duel batts fitted.

I love a good Terrano. My vehicle of choice if I didn't want a tray so much.

Here are a few more

This is what happens when you let the wife drive your truck turned out to be a lessern for me dont let the wife drive no more lol.

CoffinBayNationalPark47.jpg

You just have to love dirt roads when it rains.

DirtyCarsKyankutta6.jpg

Old 720 going through a puddle in Brackna goruge(spelling)

File0091.jpg

Terrano at the boarder on the way to the West Mc Donnel Ranges.

NTSABorder11.jpg

I love a good Terrano. My vehicle of choice if I didn't want a tray so much.

Yep the Terrano was the Pathfinder we should of got It has a great shape was good for 155kph in the teritory loaded and good on fuel the only thing I didnt like was the 15inch wheels mine was an auto and it just wouldnt turn the bigger tyres but im sure an manual one would be better.

A bit of an update I was going to build some roll bars and do a canvas canopy but then I found a cheap flexiglass canopy on ebay so I went for that instead. I have also done an 1 and 1/2" lift with foam cells in the back and gas in the front definatly made a big differance overall it lifted the car allmost 4". that just shows how much it was sagged i guess.

Latest posts

Back