2014 ST - What mods to get

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie91

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I purchased a 2014 ST Auto 4x4 Series 7 about 6 weeks ago. I've always wanted a 4x4 and finally I've got my hands on one.

I mainly plan to go touring with it in the future but I love going away camping 3-4 times a year and have plans to do some lite 4x4ing with my mate who's got a hilux.

I took it to ARB to get some quotes done on somethings and amazed at how expensive everything is lol. Just want some advise on what to get and where from. (I live in Melbourne's Western Suburbs).

I've got quoted so far (inc install)
2" OME Lift with Greasable Shackle : $2336.00
ARB Deluxe Bullbar with foglights : $2087
ARB Underbody Protection kit : $766
Safari Snorkel : $720
GME TX3345 Radio with 4.5db antenna : $600
Tigerz11 12000lb Grande Winch : $750

ARB didn't seem too keen to give me a good deal and maybe suggested knocking about 100-200 off.

I'm looking at getting 32" Federal Muddies on 16s for about $1200 keeping my road tyres as a rotation when nothing planed for afew months.

As I'm relatively new to the scene im unsure of what is really best to get and are just going off what I hear which is generally ARB make good quality stuff.

Again down the track I want to get a canopy and some draws with spotties up front and a good LED bar but its just abit too much too faulk out in one hit.

The winch is a great idea if you're following the Hilux, which could become stuck on things like speed humps, graded gravel roads and overspray from windscreen washers. If you're going to lead, you might consider a recovery point on each chassis rail at the rear plus an equalisation strap.

Consider also power for when you're camping. One of the guys here created a cradle for his battery so it could be mounted under the guard behind the rear wheel - great idea! With a VRLA battery, if you submerge it enough to cause battery damage you'll be more concerned about getting your car back to the surface than worrying about the battery.

The radio sounds fine, in convoy it'll be perfect especially in hills. 4.5dB is good for hills, 6dB is a fair all-rounder and 9dB for long distance (but poor performance in hilly terrain).

I have that suspension and I'm still happy with it, 2 years on.

ARB equipment isn't bad gear at all. They price it like they do partly because they know it, too.

I just bought the ARB underbody protection for $660 & installed myself. Its easy to do, but in saying that i did it on a hoist at a workshop my father inlaw works at.
I rate the quality of this producty highly. It does reduce clearance by nearly an inch up front though.
Ive just bought a 2" lift from zordo for $1645 but that included postage to SA plus front struts assembled with new coil hats.
When i have the cash for a bullbar I plan on getting a MCC Falcon Bar, which ive been quoted at $1650 installed locally.

haha spot on tony about the hilux :) Thanks for the tips, will be 100% going a dual battery system and I will be sure to have a look at that setup for a mounting location to save some room in the tub.

Sweet to hear about the OME suspension as you do hear mixed things about pretty much every type of suspension going around.

I bought underbody bash plates for $287 from ironman and installed them myself, pretty straight forward & have copped a bit of punishment! Held up well! Bolted up no probs to my opposite lock bar too
Ironman snorkel kit $290 I think, installed myself again fairly straight forward. Make sure u seal it well with silicon, kit fits well!
Might save u a few bucks

Best advice I have, save.

And get, all your bar work then a lift. So you can get HD springs and the right leafs first go!
No use getting a lift then adding bullbar, bash plates etc etc it's gonna sag!
Then tyres
Snorkel etc etc

Get the pennies to make it happen as fast as possible, save yourself in the LoNG run.

thanks guys yeah might go and get the Ironman plates especially if there around that sort of price and fit them myself before the ride goes into ARB that way if any tweeking needs to be done before it can be bolted onto the bullbar they can worry about it :)

Yeah I did think about doing the snorkel myself but I just worry about stuffing up especially since its a new ride haha. Thanks again for the tips.

Best advice I have, save.

And get, all your bar work then a lift. So you can get HD springs and the right leafs first go!
No use getting a lift then adding bullbar, bash plates etc etc it's gonna sag!
Then tyres
Snorkel etc etc

Get the pennies to make it happen as fast as possible, save yourself in the LoNG run.

Thanks for the tip. Will make sure the suspension I get it ready to cater for what I intend to put on it now and in the future :)

good advice about getting bash plates & bar first then lift, thats what I did.
also, u get a template with the snorkel kit, i was hesitant whole sawing into my new d40 but gave it a go. make sure u paint the file & paint the edges of the hole so it doesn't rust before u install the snorkel.

yeah, 99% of ARBs prices are way over priced.

I'm going with the TJM 2" Lift while they got there EOFY's sale on which saves me $300 compared to the OME lift and feedback seems to be pretty good on the TJM XGS products.

It also saves me to source the parts for a CB Radio myself and then get them to install it again saves me like $170 there

And I'm keen on the domin8r tigerz11 winch atm which is $750 on special and afew other things come with it free.

Just only question is will it fit I know the winch ARB quoted me, dimensions are L580mm x D160mm x H190mm but the Tigerz11 winch has some more height being H260mm otherwise it meets up in all other areas. (ARB Deluxe Bullbar)

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Last edited:
Arb have an employee that checks this and many other forums and issues are brought up at their weekly meetings I found this out when I had a minor issue with my Safari snorkel. Perhaps they should listen my rig is basic but the mods I have done have been heaps cheaper thanks to this forum and advice received.

Latest posts

Back