Fan speed 1 no aircon??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eug

Reaction score
just noticed this little quirk. does anyone's d40 st-x switch off the aircon automatically when fan speed is set to 1?

aircon is on at fan speed 2, however if i were to change the fan speed to 1 the led light for aircon fades away and aircon is switched off.

this never happened on my previous cars. is it normal?

Not on mine, but the recirculated air turns off if I set the dial to windscreen demist, which I find annoying.

I had an intermittent problem where the fan wouldn't work but the air con would still turn on. It turned out to be a fan speed resistor. Nissan fixed it under warranty.

Not on mine, but the recirculated air turns off if I set the dial to windscreen demist, which I find annoying.

It's not really advisable to use recirc for any length of time anyway, which is probably why they make it that way. While I understand why the a/c comes on automatically when demist is selected I'd still rather it didn't come on unless I selected it because a/c air is not always practical on the windscreen.

I had an intermittent problem where the fan wouldn't work but the air con would still turn on. It turned out to be a fan speed resistor. Nissan fixed it under warranty.

Think yourself lucky it was a warranty job, not sure if it was on this forum or another one but I remember someone suggesting the resistor behind the fan switch is $175 (or something equally as ridiculous) from Nissan.

Yeah good point Krafty, using recirc for a long time increases CO2 levels which can make you sleepy. Because window demisting tends to be on a heating setting as well maybe thats why it turns off??? Just another Nissan mystery.......or fault :)

I've heard of AC's turning off on the lowest setting, it stops the evaporator icing up as the air is moving too slow to transfer heat efficiently.

It's not really advisable to use recirc for any length of time anyway, which is probably why they make it that way.

It turns off because recirculated has the same temp & humidity as the air inside the cabin, which is what causes the windscreen to mist up in the first place.

if the knob is selected on aircon max...try selecting another option...had some weird things happen when aircon max was seletected

I've heard of AC's turning off on the lowest setting, it stops the evaporator icing up as the air is moving too slow to transfer heat efficiently.

thanks that's the most logical explanation i've heard so far. it makes me think that it's a feature as the AC light fades away rather than simply turn off. however my friend just recently purchased an outlaw and it doesn't happen on hers. anyone else have other ideas???

if the knob is selected on aircon max...try selecting another option...had some weird things happen when aircon max was seletected
i tried on other settings and no go.

thanks that's the most logical explanation i've heard so far. it makes me think that it's a feature as the AC light fades away rather than simply turn off. however my friend just recently purchased an outlaw and it doesn't happen on hers. anyone else have other ideas???

i tried on other settings and no go.

Read the manual, it maybe a feature of the ST.

Had the a/c on today and thought about this thread so tried the a/c on 1 to see what happened and apart from being able to hear the a/c switch in and out periodically, which it does on all settings, didn't notice anything majorly different but I did notice the light didn't fade or go off at all.

just noticed this little quirk. does anyone's d40 st-x switch off the aircon automatically when fan speed is set to 1?

aircon is on at fan speed 2, however if i were to change the fan speed to 1 the led light for aircon fades away and aircon is switched off.

this never happened on my previous cars. is it normal?

My aircon works on fan speed 1. Make a call to your dealer as this sounds odd.

Your aircon should work on fan speed 1.

Maybe it's a fan speed resistor issue like I had. But my aircon would work with the fan on 0 and thats not normal.

Latest posts

Back