A Tribute to those in the Victoria fires

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22 King

Reaction score
To all the familes and friends of all those deceased in the raging fires,

Brian Naylor, 78, Kinglake West.

The former Channel 9 newsreader died at his Coombs Rd property with his wife Moiree.

Moiree Naylor, Kinglake West.

The wife of former newsreader Brian Naylor was found at the couple's home.

Mackenzie Buchanan, 15, Kinglake.

Died sheltering in his grandmother, Jenny Clark's home, with his sister and two friends. Mrs Clark suffered burns to 30 per cent of her body trying to save the children.

Neeve Buchanan, 9, Kinglake.

Died huddling in her grandmother's home with her brother Mackenzie and two friends.

Danny Clark, 37, Kinglake.

Was huddling in his mother's home with his niece and nephew and two other children when the house burnt down killing the entire group.

Kevin Kane, Bendigo.

Mr Kane's sister Jill and her boyfriend Michale Ryan tried desperately to save Mr Kane but couldn't get through a wall of flames to reach him.

Peter Avola, 67, Strathewen.

Was killed by a fireball as he and wife Mary tried to escape their burning home.

Rae Carter, 70s, St Andrews.

Returned to her property to protect her goats after helping to co-ordinate CFA troops from its St Andrews base but was found dead in a shed on her property.

Arthur Envers, Mt Beauty.

Firefighters believe Mr Envers crashed his Harley Davidson ,and tried to run from a fire approaching over the Heidelberg-Kinglake Rd, but fell over trying to escape.

Steve Lackas, Wandong.

The speedboat champion died trying to save his boat after his property was engulfed in flames.

John Wilson, mid 50s, Mudgegonga.

Died trying to protect his farmhouse alongside his wife.

Sue Wilson, mid 50s, Mudgegonga.

Was killed with her husband John trying to save their farmhouse.

Bill Walker, Narbethong.

Found dead with his wife and disabled son at the family home.

Faye Walker, Narbethong.

Died with her husband and disabled son at the family home.

Geoffrey Walker, 53, Narbethong.

The wheelchair-bound man was found dead with his elderly parents in their family home.

We are sevely soory

It is a tragedy of monumental proportions, I'm big enough to admit I tear'd up when I was watching the coverage and just listening to the stories, you only have to imagine yourself in that situation and you probably still don't come close to what these people experienced. I guess it hit home a little for me too as my Uncle and Aunty's house is in Stanley, they managed to save their house, with the help of a few CFA mates they stopped the fire at the fence line of their property, but as has been shown many were not so lucky.

[RANT]
I do believe this tragedy was inevitable, the state government has been pandering to the greens for too long, and these fires are the result of it. If they had allowed controlled burning of forests in the winter months to keep the fuel load down it would never have been this bad, I hope the state govt. takes this as a wake up call and returns to doing these fuel load reduction burns as they should have been doing all along.
[/RANT]

(rant) Aparrently the fires were started by arsonists. I think the govrnment should bring back the death penalty just for those arsonists.:suicide:

thats all we have had on the news over here. really heart breaking and i hope my cuz over there are not caught up in it.

however we have been facing similar conditions over here so todays rain has been welcomed.

i hope they do find who started some of the fires and give them a taste of what they inflicted on others. i cannot imagine a more horrible way to go :(

Yeah have friends in the CFA fighting these fires and what we see on the TV is only the half of it. Finding people in their cars and caught in their homes that have burnt to the ground, aweful.

I shed a few tears as well and I'm not affraid to admit it. These are our fellows Ozzys that have lost everything...and all because of some prick that started a fire and probably got off on it......BASTARDS!

Let them burn in hell for what they have done

I must admit, it is very hard too read this stuff without get emotional.. the magnitude off this event has left me speechless, words just aren't enough...

Condolances to the family and friends of victims.It's hard to imagine the horror the victims went through,i hope they can rest in peace.
I saw ash wednesday,my parents still live in Cockatoo,i hoped i would never see any thing like that again.It is the same thing over again,you can be the best prepared,but when a fire like that hits so fast and hard there is not much anyone can do.

The Greenies have got to pull there heads in,the cfa and dse haven't been able to do there work for years now,it puts there lives at risk as well.
In my opinion they as well as the arsonists have blood on there hands.
The death toll currently stands at 181.
RIP.

Abit of rant.

I blame the greenies for it really.

The greenies keep trying to get tracks closed. The 4wders are the ones who keep the fire trails maintained. You ban the big bad 4wders cause there causing erotion. The tracks get over grown and they become not usable in emergencies.

The greenies dont want the forrests burnt in winter, which is the best time to burn all the fuel that forrests have. It might cause global warming. :roll:

This country has been rejuvinating itself a long long time before people got here, fire is a way to clear the fuel and bring back the land greener.

The pedestrian council (wankers) keeps trying to get 4wd's banned, bullbars banned. Bullbars save lives, espesially in reas with high kangeroo number's. A bullbar holds a winch which are great for removing fallen trees and making tracks accesable again.

The fire's where probably lit by volunteer firefighters. They usually are, start a fire and save people and you become a hero. There are some sick F___s in this world.

The death penalty should be brought back.

^ Add Martin Bryant to the list aswell. He killed 35 people at Port Arthur Tasmania in 1998 I think it was.
Ivan Millat to the list aswell, he was the backpacker killer.

Rant over.

I wish everyone in that region all the best, I hope never experience it.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back